Pool stuff you bought🤮, tried or used, and said never again.🤮

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
My personal top pick is this.🤮. Like the Swiss Army Knife of Pool accssories, does many things, but nothing well.🤪

Attachments

• FC9C0B39-E032-4CCC-A8D7-851B2DC377C5.jpeg
    FC9C0B39-E032-4CCC-A8D7-851B2DC377C5.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 371DD025-D0A8-4F59-9B28-CC6C3BECBB47.jpeg
    371DD025-D0A8-4F59-9B28-CC6C3BECBB47.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 149

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
The worst one I ever spent money on was a "tip burnisher" to eliminate mushrooming that was basically a Delrin plastic sleeve that looked kinda like a joint protector,but was severely tapered on the inside. I cranked down on it too hard trying to get it to work right and twisted a relatively new tip off a Meucci shaft while still waiting on my Schon to be delivered,this was in 1990-91.

I saw those APT tools when they first came out,and knew immediately they would be no bueno,but thank whoever came up with them and it's copies because along with the Tip Pik,these tools have brought me over 1000 bucks worth of repairs over the years because of their improper use. Tommy D.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Predator chalk. It came next day from Amazon. So why not try it. Works great except after about 2 hours of play my hands are dyed blue and I have to vacuum my table. Literally leaves piles of fine dust on hard hits with a soft tip. Had to wash my cue ball 3 times to get that stuff off.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Predator chalk. It came next day from Amazon. So why not try it. Works great except after about 2 hours of play my hands are dyed blue and I have to vacuum my table. Literally leaves piles of fine dust on hard hits with a soft tip. Had to wash my cue ball 3 times to get that stuff off.
For me it was too messy and I just felt like it didn't have any quality above and beyond any other chalk.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Those damned trick side-weighted cue balls that don't roll straight. Seems funny enough a prank but the only people that bite for more than one shot are the beginners. And beginners don't normally notice it at all when their ball rolls sideways, they expect to suck. So you can play an entire game yourself using the damned thing and they think you suck too!

A real player just thinks you're an asshole. :rolleyes:

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$25 billiard glove. I can't remember if it was Predator or Kamui. It came in a little tin box. After a short time the stitching pulled out. It was no better than the $5 gloves I buy from PoolDawg.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool gimmick I swallowed was "just take it to the post office and mail it." The tracking number did not work. Package in transit across the US for 6 weeks. "We have to give it time." "Fill in this 4 page claim form and include photos and original receipt and take it upstairs to Crazy Frank. "We found the box you mailed your cue in, out behind our dumpster." "Have you called our 1-800 number and followed all 18 options?" "I'm sorry your package must have been put on the wrong truck." "Call Al Hindley in investigations, but he's out on maternity leave. He'll be back after Christmas....oh I didn't mean to say that offensive word, I mean holidays."