POOL'S 15 MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE/BRANDS OF 2021

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And as I pointed out before, "Influencer" is not the same as "admirable" or "praiseworthy". Some of the "influencers" are not close to the best in their fields. This top 15 thing is a promotional item and not an honors list.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BCAPL is listed incorrectly as BCA. I'm surprised that someone trying to demonstrate expertise in the sport would make that mistake. There is a very large difference between the two that was the subject of a lawsuit.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
And as I pointed out before, "Influencer" is not the same as "admirable" or "praiseworthy". Some of the "influencers" are not close to the best in their fields. This top 15 thing is a promotional item and not an honors list.
You think that in 2021 the WPA had more cumulative influence on people and things than FargoRate did? Or that Lil' Chris had more cumulative influence on people and things than Dr. Dave did? Of course not, and not even close as I'm sure you would at least privately agree.

BCAPL is listed incorrectly as BCA. I'm surprised that someone trying to demonstrate expertise in the sport would make that mistake. There is a very large difference between the two that was the subject of a lawsuit.
I noticed that too (he also got Lil' Chris's name a bit wrong as well--and he is Lil' Chris's manager! lol). You are much more PC about it than I but clearly the guy is a clueless idiot regarding the pool industry. But there is actually much more to it than that...

Here is what the list is really about. Marketing. The list is produced by the Supr Charged sports management and marketing agency run by Per Hagen. Take a look at the link below to see who made their list of "15 most influential", as well as who the judging panel consisted of. The list and the judging panel are both full of the people that the agency either already represents, or are hoping to represent and currently trying to woo. The sole purpose of their "most influential" list is to market the people and companies that the agency already currently represents, to kiss up to and hopefully influence those they don't yet represent or do business with but are trying/hoping to, and to get exposure and recognition for the management/marketing agency itself.

Now take a look at the people currently being managed by the agency at the link below and notice how many of the same people are on all of these lists. Wonder why Lil' Chris made the "most influential" list (and why he was also a judge), but the obviously much, much more influential Dr. Dave did not make the list? The reason is because Lil' Chris is one of the clients represented by the agency and Dr. Dave is not. When looking at the list of the judges, did you wonder "who the hell is Gloria Jean, and why on earth would she be a judge"? The thing that "qualified" her to be a judge is that she too is a client represented by this same agency, and having judges from the agency ensures that nominations and votes go to where it is most beneficial for the agency. As said earlier, the judging panel as well as the list itself are both chock full of people represented by the agency, and as often as not they wouldn't appear to be appropriate choices as a judge, or for being top 15 on a most influential list, based on merit.

The bottom line is this management/marketing agency was looking for a way to market themselves and their clients and came up with the idea for this "influential list". If you load the judging panel with people from your agency you can ensure that plenty of people from your agency (and others you are trying to impress and woo) end up making the list so it should be a win/win every way you cut it (and it could have been if they had been competent enough to do it right without being so obvious).

Look, I don't have a problem with people trying to market themselves and their clients but if you are going to do it with a list like this it you can't make it so blatantly obvious what the list is really about and instead you would have to ensure at least some minimal levels of legitimacy as well. This agency was way too greedy and incompetent to do that though which resulted in things being way, way too obvious. They just went all out to ensure their marketing goals for themselves and current and prospective clients, made zero efforts for any legitimacy at all, and as a result their motive ends up being painfully transparent to everyone which in turn results in their "most influential" list being seen as an obvious marketing sham that is a laughing stock around the industry.

Edited to add: while I chose to quote a couple of Bob Jewett's posts to help with context, my comments are given generally and are not directed toward Bob or anyone else in particular.

Last edited:
You think that in 2021 the WPA had more cumulative influence on people and things than FargoRate did? Or that Lil' Chris had more cumulative influence on people and things than Dr. Dave did? Of course not, and not even close as I'm sure you would at least privately agree.

I noticed that too (he also got Lil' Chris's name a bit wrong as well--and he is Lil' Chris's manager! lol). You are much more PC about it than I but clearly the guy is a clueless idiot regarding the pool industry. But there is actually much more to it than that...

Here is what the list is really about. Marketing. The list is produced by the Supr Charged sports management and marketing agency run by Per Hagen. Take a look at the link below to see who made their list of "15 most influential", as well as who the judging panel consisted of. The list and the judging panel are both full of the people that the agency either already represents, or are hoping to represent and currently trying to woo. The sole purpose of their "most influential" list is to market the people and companies that the agency already currently represents, to kiss up to and hopefully influence those they don't yet represent or do business with but are trying/hoping to, and to get exposure and recognition for the management/marketing agency itself.

Now take a look at the people currently being managed by the agency at the link below and notice how many of the same people are on all of these lists. Wonder why Lil' Chris made the "most influential" list (and why he was also a judge), but the obviously much, much more influential Dr. Dave did not make the list? The reason is because Lil' Chris is one of the clients represented by the agency and Dr. Dave is not. When looking at the list of the judges, did you wonder "who the hell is Gloria Jean, and why on earth would she be a judge"? The thing that "qualified" her to be a judge is that she too is a client represented by this same agency, and having judges from the agency ensures that more votes can go to where it is most beneficial for the agency. As said earlier, the judging panel as well as the list itself is chock full of people represented by the agency, and as often as not they wouldn't appear to be an appropriate choice as a judge, or for being top 15 on the list, based on merit.

The bottom line is this management/marketing agency was looking for a way to market themselves and their clients and came up with the idea for this "influential list". If you load the judging panel with people from your agency you can ensure that plenty of people from your agency (and others you are trying to impress and woo) end up making the list so it should be a win/win every way you cut it (and it could have been if they had been competent enough to do it right without being so obvious).

Look, I don't have a problem with people trying to market themselves and their clients but if you are going to do it with a list like this it you can't make it so blatantly obvious what the list is really about and instead you would have to ensure at least some minimal levels of legitimacy as well. This agency was way too greedy and incompetent to do that though which resulted in things being way, way too obvious. They just went all out to ensure their marketing goals for themselves and current and prospective clients, made zero efforts for any legitimacy at all, and as a result their motive ends up being painfully transparent to everyone which in turn results in their "most influential" list being seen as an obvious marketing sham that is a laughing stock around the industry.
It’s funny because they didn’t have to. Florian and Sharivari absolutely deserved to be on the list. They got greedy and actually made it worthless.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Now take a look at the people currently being managed by the agency at the link below and notice how many of the same people are on all of these lists. Wonder why Lil' Chris made the "most influential" list (and why he was also a judge), but the obviously much, much more influential Dr. Dave did not make the list? The reason is because Lil' Chris is one of the clients represented by the agency and Dr. Dave is not. When looking at the list of the judges, did you wonder "who the hell is Gloria Jean, and why on earth would she be a judge"? The thing that "qualified" her to be a judge is that she too is a client represented by this same agency, and having judges from the agency ensures that nominations and votes go to where it is most beneficial for the agency. As said earlier, the judging panel as well as the list itself are both chock full of people represented by the agency, and as often as not they wouldn't appear to be appropriate choices as a judge, or for being top 15 on a most influential list, based on merit.

And all of this is a surprise to you or anyone else?

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
And all of this is a surprise to you or anyone else?
It shouldn't, especially since he did the exact same thing last year, but somehow it still surprises me a bit anyway just because it is so blatant and flagrant. If he does it yet again next year he very well may find that I am going to be substantially more vocal about what I think the list is really about in every medium his list gets mentioned in resulting in anybody who hears about the list also hearing my take of what the list is really about.

Last edited: