Practice practice practice

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Fun with the rails is what I do while getting the prescribed stretch and flex.......religiously 😉
20240130_091013.jpg
The 3 rails to the king 13 seems to have the side pocket blocking. Ah but fun to explore experiment and experience the rush of learning. Seeing what the slightest variation in the strike to the white can change in the path and reactions with the rails varies.
Puzzle solving while I do my stretch and flex full body exercise routine.
I got my fun going up and down the rail to find the hit from various spots. In 8 ball the angles are limited by the opponents soldiers.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
02.02.24 Rainman morning.
What do I focus on and what do I see. A test a mint.
First things first. Gotta get my mind right.
A morning fitness workout that's fun. Playing is a good description. A choke challenge.
One handed jacked up over the other two cueballs is fun and challenging. Gives me the stretch and flex intro to My dance.
What I focus on and what I see.
I focus on the path of the tip.....through the ball. I plan that path and velocity. So in practice it's of great value to see that interaction and possible variation from the expected.
I see the vibration at impact and assure the intended path for that 2 and a quarter inches. Works for me. 🤷‍♂️
Involving the entire body in the dance that culminates in the strike through the white.
Do it the same Every time. No shortcuts.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
With the goal being physical and even mental fitness the morning workout the full range of movement and balance is job 1. Centered then stretched to the limits. 🤷‍♂️

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Lefty hit the Max at target 2 and requested a Trophy.
20240202_060644.jpg
That was 2 rails out of the corner the cue points to but now looking for 3 to the king 9 ball. A simple modification of the 2 railer that married the purple 4.....uh I hope. 😉

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
That was a fun one. The 3 railer needed just the right variation of rotation imparted to the cueball.
Grampa out.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Saturday 2.3.24. Cold fingers morning. Frost on the punkin.
20240203_081340.jpg Lefty gets the target 1 trophy with a Maximum. The cue indicates the first leg to target 2, the ups brown 7.
Right serving 0-14. Yikes!

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Oh YEAH! The feeling finally getting a hit after the prescribed 2 rails. An advanced shot that requires Master skills at the off center strike to the white. At least Right's on the scoreboard and Lefty is getting a large dose of the physical therapy. 14 service 2 is closer than the numbers indicate. 👍

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The cueball placement can be changed to the other hole. (Well for beginners and even intermediate) Making the pin point strike available with a much lower angle of attack. Learn to walk first. 🤷‍♂️ Running with the Big Dogs is fun.
Right adds 2 more to get to 4. 14 service 4.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Oh boy cold fingers but Right chip in another 2. 14 service 6.
The 11 from heaven Maximum by Right evens the fight! 14 serve 17 going 3 or more to the dirt color king 14. Hmmmmmm?
Natural 3 railer plus Right stealing the first shot makes it 14-21 now. Grrrrrr
Lefty hits a 6 and wants to pick up sticks . Not yet but game on now....21 service 20.
What fun, this one done Lefty got crafty and found the 4 railer for an 8 point 🥇.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The delicate touch is what can make you a hit with "the Girls"(locker talk;)) Was Right's remark at the cue pass. Opening the door with a 4. Game on.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Lefty's fine with a 4 as well.
Right hits a 6 to close the target with a record available 10-4 is the score just 3 strokes in.....
(No locker talk) 🤷‍♂️
Oh wow the Snooker video is taken down for copyright. Oh well it was good stuff. For a little while.
20240204_083421.jpg
Foul! Is the cry.
Why?
Uh??? He's aiming. Denied laying the stick on the table ain't against My House rules. 2 rails to the dirt stripe 14 is target 2. Record available but don't let that make us nervous.
Now that the record is long gone but the therapy well worth the investment of time Playing the rails like riding the rails.
First I find the speed as the angles change with the speed. Then go up and down the rail with slight natural or even centerball. Then work on the side by making the hit from 3 different points on the first rail. Sometimes similar comes up in 8 ball. 🤷‍♂️
Target closed with a 6 by Right. 3 to the 15 king should be simple.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
20240204_090223.jpgThe solution is simple using the diamonds system Willie Hoppe shows in Billiards As It Should Be Played.
Each table needs to be calibration examined during warm up.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The pattern
Using the 10 second timer.
20240206_071459.jpg
I get right here the first go. Simple one rail kick. One handed, to the purple 4 ball.
Go.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Is cartography drawing a map.
?

20240206_072051.jpg
Mapping the path makes progress much faster. One less task for the computer time. 🤷‍♂️ Ronnie Allen was known as the GOAT One Handed. I don't mind a second to him. 😉 It's enlightening to bring the precision of the strike through the ball. Mr Herb taught that in baseball

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Yeah nice shot is the place to start. Lefty provides the tip to the dart board overlay on the cueball. Oooops top secret. Don't tell. 😉 Just like the pole vault or better still jousting. Employing gravity like Cole .

Attachments

• 20240206_072909.jpg
    20240206_072909.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 24

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Finding my balance. The 2 rails to the red 3 ball is an interesting study in geometry and friction and velocity. Right closed the first target with 3 four point shots. Lefty leads off employing my best Mosconi stance. 0 service 12.
20240206_080459.jpg

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Good morning Two rails to the teal 2 ball is an interesting study. Gives me the exercise plus the more I practice the luckier I get. 🤷‍♂️
20240207_072638.jpg

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
20240208_060002.jpg
Finding my balance. 02.08.24
Rain snow mix this morning. Wind gusts provide the base and the heater the treble. 🤷‍♂️
The 3 rails to the king ball should be interesting with the slow stretching as each shot gets absolute adherence to the dance steps.
The physical
The mental
The soul
Leads me to Nat King Cole.
Now to put on an album.
The Slow Ramble is the dance of the day.