Predator 1080 Chalk...

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
...Holder

Sat down today and noodled out a template, then hand-stitched this up. I think it turned out pretty sporty on the first attempt. My fingers are killing me, so may need to invest in sewing awl. Also, before anyone thinks about stealing my hard work, I'm claiming copyright on it.

What do you think? Super easy to keep hold of with the 'ribbed' design.

Lisa

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378945733472.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378945733472.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 878

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never felt the need for a chalk holder I've always just put it in my back pocket.

Nice job though, it looks awesome.

Hope the fingers heel soon!

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
I use them more as an identifier...so no one walks off with my chalk. Lol!

Thanks for the compliments so far. Thinking perhaps doing them in all sorts of colors...as I can find scraps. Or just using contrasting thread. Wouldn't be difficult to add a stick either.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Nice job Lisa. Now you have to get a Popsickle stick and tie it to the holder.

I know how the fingers feel. I made a couple pairs of moccasins once with leather needles and canvas thread. Even using a thimble eventually, it was hard work on the fingers and hands. They ached after a session of sewing.

Have you ever seen the bead work on a ladies traditional native dancing dress. I can't imagine how long it would take with all the bead work but someone gave me a ball park figure of 5 K for one dress.

Last edited:

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice look.

But I don't see any difference between Predator and Master chalk. In fact, I think Predator made more mess.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...Holder

Sat down today and noodled out a template, then hand-stitched this up. I think it turned out pretty sporty on the first attempt. My fingers are killing me, so may need to invest in sewing awl. Also, before anyone thinks about stealing my hard work, I'm claiming copyright on it.

What do you think? Super easy to keep hold of with the 'ribbed' design.

Lisa

Not sure you need all that stitching. You could wrap wet leather around a form. Once dry glue the one edge. Then cut at each of the folds, folding in the 8 segments then glue on a bottom piece. Once dry cut away the excess and finish. You can also dye the leather at this point. You are sort of making a small leather box and it can be done in any number of ways.

It is also not really necessary to have the 8 sides. You can make it round at a size where you have to push in the 8 sided piece of chalk in and it fits snugly. If it is lite leather it should conform to the piece of chalk easily. Actually you don't really need a bottom. Glue a matching piece of leather to the chalk itself and trim. Once the chalk is in the sleeve it will appear to all be one piece.

Just some ideas.

Last edited:

n0th1ng

Son of the beach
Silver Member
I guess it would fit octagon chalks only. Would be nice if it could fit any chalks not just Predator ones. Anyways, that's a great work!

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That looks great, the side "grips" and the stitching make it a lot more interesting than a smooth holder. And I like the fact that's it's octogonal, more work than a round or square one but also shows that more work was put into it.

My son likes the Predator chalk, if you make some more and they are not 50 bucks or something, I'd get one for him.

Or you could become his Chalk Holder Sponsor :) He is the Jr 9 Ball State champion of MA and finished tied for 13th in 14 and under at Jr Nationals.

He already has a cue "sponsor" (thanks Ed Bishop) and a tournament sponsor (thanks me), in fact, all of AZB is his sponsor as he got a AZB patch to wear at Nationals, but I'm sure a chalk holder sponsor is the one missing thing that every aspiring pro player needs!

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Thanks for the responses. It is most appreciated. Looks like I need more leather...lol.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Just don't leave the darn thing on the table when you leave the pool hall!!!

Maniac (like I am known to do)

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
Super easy to keep hold of with the 'ribbed' design.

I dunno about you guys, but that sounds like a condom commercial to me.
Ah well, I guess my mind is in the gutter!

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
If there's a top cover for it as well, I believe you'll be ready to go and have this for sale on Ebay. :)

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
If there's a top cover for it as well, I believe you'll be ready to go and have this for sale on Ebay. :)

Working on that...trying to find the best solution. I have an idea that will work, but gotta get the supply to test it out.

FaithHopeLove

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking good there.

I think predator should make a chalk holder for their chalks.
High demands around the world I guess?

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
If these turn out the way I want them to, they're going to be very nice. I will offer the option of adding a stick, like a pocket chalker...while I prefer just the sleeve itself.

If all goes as planned, I should have them ready in time for Christmas shopping. :yeah:

Lisa