Predator 314-2 vs 314-3

VTEC John

Was the 314-3 a great leap forward in your opinion? I have an opportunity to buy a used -2 in good shape for a good price, whereas the -3s for sale are all new and, of course, pricier. Input much appreciated.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another thread about this:

I own both and don’t notice much of a difference between the two of them.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was the 314-3 a great leap forward in your opinion? I have an opportunity to buy a used -2 in good shape for a good price, whereas the -3s for sale are all new and, of course, pricier. Input much appreciated.

All depends on how you shoot with spin and adjusting for it. If you think lower deflection will help, then it's a bit lower in deflection. Really the biggest jump in difference from the 314-2 would be to their Z shafts for wood ones, although with a smaller diameter.

Buckzapper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator stands behind their warranty. I have 5 Predator shafts. They're an excellent choice for carving someone up. If you lose, it's your aim.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 314-2 is a better shaft as long as you have one that doesn't have a contaminated (basically recalled) ferrule. Predator had a huge problem with 314-2 ferrule contamination. It was one of the reasons for the construction change on 314-3. Both are a bit outdated if your purchasing today in my opinion. Not that you asked, but I think the Cuetec AVID shaft plays better than the Predator 314-3. The amount of deflection seams about the same and it has way more power than a conventional wood shaft. Sky is doing well with it, and I love beating on people with a $1000 set-up, while I use a $250.00 Cuetec.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are all the same IMO. I’ve been playing Predator shafts since 1998. 314-1,2,3. Z1,2,3. You can pick up an original 314 from 1996 with the 1” long ferrule, or the 2023 314-3 model, and be right at home.

Imo:)

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played with all 3. I think the 1 and the 3 play very similar. I wasn't a fan of the 2 when I shot with it. I tried it for a month of so, and then sold it. Now, it could have just been that specific shaft and/or tip combination that I had.