Predator extension bumper thread size

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lost thread gauge in move, it measures 5/8 And looks like 16 or 18 tpi. Before I buy a tap, i would like to be sure.

Thank you

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Lost thread gauge in move, it measures 5/8 And looks like 16 or 18 tpi. Before I buy a tap, i would like to be sure.

Thank you

take a 5/16x18 bolt and match the threads, do the same for a 3/8x16 bolt. If one of them mates up perfectly, then that's what it is.
Dave

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you

For some reason I could not do a search on my phone.and predator would answer emails, great customer service, not

dzcues

Silver Member
Predator / Molinari bumper adapter

The thread size is M16 x 1.5
My lathe will not cut a 1.5 mm pitch accurately. Between having an SAE lead screw & only the most basic change gears, most budget lathes will only approximate a metric pitch. I tried making the threads sloppy and relieved part of the threaded section but the end result didn't make me happy. Yes, I could have tapped the buttsleeve but I wasn't happy with those results either. Fortunately, I was able to make an adapter on the CNC that would do the trick. You can see it by clicking HERE

Facundus Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have to stop will all of this Bob - you make me want to sell all of my tools and take up crochet :) - Awesome as usual

Tbonia

Predator / Molinari bumper adapter

The thread size is M16 x 1.5
My lathe will not cut a 1.5 mm pitch accurately. Between having an SAE lead screw & only the most basic change gears, most budget lathes will only approximate a metric pitch. I tried making the threads sloppy and relieved part of the threaded section but the end result didn't make me happy. Yes, I could have tapped the buttsleeve but I wasn't happy with those results either. Fortunately, I was able to make an adapter on the CNC that would do the trick. You can see it by clicking HERE
Your link says the video is private

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Thanks! I always love your videos and pictures and webiste. True craftsmen are never worried about sharing information. I think the vast majority appreciate things like this, it's the idiots that tend to be the loudest and most likely to respond. Don't let them discourage you.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got fed up with emails telling me that my solutions were overkill; that today's glues are sufficient to do the job and threads are virtually unnecessary in cuemaking. So I decided to make several of my more "offensive" videos private. This video is now public.
MODERN CUE MAKING!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You should put a paypal link on your video's.
Your getting on in your years!

blokid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm lucky in using metal lathe to make it right thread. You could use hand tap if you do not have right tool lathe.