Predator Format

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Is it just me?

I find Predator's format very shallow, unemotional and boring.
There's not Enough/Play/back and forth to get me goin' and INTERESTED.

Theres NO chance a pro can be down waaaaaaaay down and come back.

That's the way this sport MUST be played.

Like when I watched Roger Griffis come back ten games and tie it up only to lose the next/game/match.

Seeing a player down 6-0.... come back and win or just tie it up is Special.

Waaaaaaaaaay better than seeing a 4-1 4-3 match go into overtime with a spot shot shoot out.

It's just not EXCITING.

If Predator had their pro races to 11 that would be REAL.
It would then.............................be the Exact same product/business model as the original US open in VA, that created HOF players.

Only thing I enjoyed was, the 5 ball was Orange.

FrankieD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not just you. I tolerate the 2 sets to 4, but totally lose interest in the spot shot shootout. With that said, I do find myself setting up the 10 ball on my own table to practice it.

WardS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it just me?

Like when I watched Roger Griffis come back ten games and tie it up only to lose the next/game/match.

Waaaaaaaaaay better than seeing a 4-1 4-3 match go into overtime with a spot shot shoot out.

It's just not EXCITING.

It would then.............................be the Exact same product/business model as the original US open in VA, that created HOF players.

Only thing I enjoyed was, the 5 ball was
Is it just me?

It's just not EXCITING.

I have watched several of these tournaments on TV, haven’t seen a four pack yet. Why have the great players not put packages together. Is it pressure, I saw 200 ball runs in straight pool in the US tournament by some of these same players.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it just me?

It's just not EXCITING.

Email Ozzy at CSI and tell him his format sucks.

Island Drive

Silver Member
JJ. the format and the format it $elf will do that in the long run for the OZ.

Like many pro events in the past that have come/Gone, someone thinks they can reinvent the wheel.
The game of pool doesn't change much, unless it benefit$$$$$$$ one pro over the other, like 10 ball no luck.

Simple is not better.
World Cup of Soccer is not 45 minutes.
The majors in tennis are not 2 outta three sets.
The PGA majors are NOT on a par three course, or only play two rounds for the win.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It's no secret that I don't like the shootout format, but credit to CSI/Predator for trying something new.

It's for CSI/Predator to gauge whether viewers and potential viewers prefer this format to the races used in most events. The majority of fans and players with whom I've discussed this format don't care for it much, and as we've seen, many of the most elite pros usually sit these events out.

CSI/Predator is also the event producer of the World 10-ball, the jewel in the crown that is 10-ball, but they don't use the shootout tiebreaker format in that event, so at least they understand in full that the one race format does a better job of crowning the worthiest champion.

CSI/Predator is a credit to our sport, but some tweaking of their pro pool offering seems in order to me.

Last edited:

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should experiment with doing a traditional race to 10 format with double elimination and see if that heightens interest from the players and fans

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JJ. the format and the format it $elf will do that in the long run for the OZ.

Like many pro events in the past that have come/Gone, someone thinks they can reinvent the wheel.
The game of pool doesn't change much, unless it benefit$$$$$$$ one pro over the other, like 10 ball no luck.

Simple is not better.
World Cup of Soccer is not 45 minutes.
The majors in tennis are not 2 outta three sets.
The PGA majors are NOT on a par three course, or only play two rounds for the win.
you have a lot of experience at various levels of pool. you need to contact THE PROMOTERS with your takes. posting them here will accomplish NOTHING.

Island Drive

Silver Member
Promoters, give me a contact name and way to touch base and I'll move in that direction.
I just talked with a Card Club owner last week, he likes my comparative WBT product, that's nearly identical to the WPT business model.
I just contacted Shane Tyree (in Puerto Rico now) and hopefully he'll have an hour to chat the first week of December on my way up to Ft. Collins.
Texas Holdum changed poker, and brought many into that game that never would of.
I've got a near exact model when one compares the WBT world billiard tour.com game to the WPT world poker tour.com game, the mfg and distributors (BCA board members) should take a long look at before they say NO.
thx zar
bm

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't mind the format. At least they are trying something new and if it works for them, cool. Right now it's basically a wait approach from what I see in how they will deal with it.