Predator Pool Table

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
If American Manufactures want to remain at the top of the food chain they will need to find new ways protect their position. Maybe become more competitive. Maybe new branding and marketing. Maybe product innovation. Maybe not tolerate people who represent them from coming onto chat boards and showing their ass and representing them in unprofessional ways. This is all good stuff. The market will adjust. A business is either growing or dying. Maybe they will eventually sell out if they can't keep up.

Last edited:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI - my apologies for replying to RKC's personal attack against me and derailing the thread. I have messaged Mike to remove my posts from this thread.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He deserves it. No need for apologies. It's enjoyable for me.

LOL, believe me, I know he deserves it and if this weren't the main forum I would've had much more fun at his expense but the fact is this was a good thread that was derailed by his childish antics and I'm the one who should've done the right thing and I didn't, so I'm doing that now ;)

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Many large companies "brand label" and that's all this is. They are just dipping their toes in the water. They have a very large market presence and a very large customer base. They have to find ways to grow and this might make their share holders some quick and easy incremental earnings. I applaud Predator for trying something new. But I agree with others in the thread, this thing is ugly. If I were predator and really wanted to make a move into pool tables, I'd work a deal out with Mark and come up with a new concept from a blank sheet of paper. Make it play great, make it affordable, make it ready for production and launch it.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Viper and The Farmer

The story concerns a farmer who finds a viper freezing in the snow. Taking pity on it, he picks it up and places it within his coat. The viper, revived by the warmth, bites his rescuer, who dies realizing that he had been a fool to pick the viper up. The story is recorded in both Greek and Latin sources. In the former, the farmer dies reproaching himself "for pitying a scoundrel", while in the version by Phaedrus the snake says that he bit his benefactor "to teach the lesson not to expect a reward from the wicked."

Only a fool picks up a viper. When are you guys going to learn.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Many large companies "brand label" and that's all this is. They are just dipping their toes in the water. They have a very large market presence and a very large customer base. They have to find ways to grow and this might make their share holders some quick and easy incremental earnings. I applaud Predator for trying something new. But I agree with others in the thread, this thing is ugly. If I were predator and really wanted to make a move into pool tables, I'd work a deal out with Mark and come up with a new concept from a blank sheet of paper. Make it play great, make it affordable, make it ready for production and launch it.
"Hardest jobs in the world are made easy by all those that DON'T have to do them!"

Why don't YOU just step up and SHOW the world how it's done, or are you just a bag of wind!
MARK has never built a table of his own ideas from scratch, so good luck there!!!

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
"Hardest jobs in the world are made easy by all those that DON'T have to do them!"

Why don't YOU just step up and SHOW the world how it's done, or are you just a bag of wind!
MARK has never built a table of his own ideas from scratch, so good luck there!!!
I didn't claim to know how, but I excel at understanding, describing and selling the what and why. Also, I am a man of my word, so I have that going for me.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I didn't claim to know how, but I excel at understanding, describing and selling the what and why. Also, I am a man of my word, so I have that going for me.
See, unlike you, and everyone else that wants to try and put me down, I DO have experience in inventing and producing my OWN line of pool tables! I built 128 of them, unlike MARK who y'all think knows how to build pool tables from scratch, why does all the tables he sells, LOOK LIKE BRUNSWICK POOL TABLES! There's NO originality in copying or rebuilding someone else's pool tables!! Sure Mark does a great job....ONE TABLE AT A TIME!

See this 8ft pool table, I built that, and I also designed it, and SOLD it along with 127 others as well. None of you can say that, not even Mark. So when it comes to all your ideas about how to make pool tables better, remember this!!!

All of you were on the RASSON bandwagon and how they could make pool better, and maybe they can knock Diamond off, or teach them a thing or two!

Bot that was BEFORE Predator announced THEY TOO we coming out with a pool table, then all of a sudden.....ALL OF YOU started a new dance, the PREDATOR KISSASS DANCE! You people are so wishy-washy its a joke! Pick a damn pool table to support, and show your loyalty to it, instead of being. O2 cent hooked, hoping your opinion matters!!!!

By the way, that table in the picture is 24 years old!!

Attachments

• Screensho(1)_resized.jpg
    Screensho(1)_resized.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 124

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still waiting on those examples of pocket rattle and balls popping back out on the Predator WPC tables during the event... Who doesn't know shit about what they're talking about...?
I recall a 4B (I believe) hitting the back of the pocket, dropping, then getting spit out onto the playing surface. I think the video clip made the rounds here on AZB.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I recall a 4B (I believe) hitting the back of the pocket, dropping, then getting spit out onto the playing surface. I think the video clip made the rounds here on AZB.
Wasn't there a Diamond barbox that had a ball come out another hole after it was pocketed ?

PracticeChampion

See, unlike you, and everyone else that wants to try and put me down, I DO have experience in inventing and producing my OWN line of pool tables! I built 128 of them, unlike MARK who y'all think knows how to build pool tables from scratch, why does all the tables he sells, LOOK LIKE BRUNSWICK POOL TABLES! There's NO originality in copying or rebuilding someone else's pool tables!! Sure Mark does a great job....ONE TABLE AT A TIME!

See this 8ft pool table, I built that, and I also designed it, and SOLD it along with 127 others as well. None of you can say that, not even Mark. So when it comes to all your ideas about how to make pool tables better, remember this!!!

All of you were on the RASSON bandwagon and how they could make pool better, and maybe they can knock Diamond off, or teach them a thing or two!

Bot that was BEFORE Predator announced THEY TOO we coming out with a pool table, then all of a sudden.....ALL OF YOU started a new dance, the PREDATOR KISSASS DANCE! You people are so wishy-washy its a joke! Pick a damn pool table to support, and show your loyalty to it, instead of being. O2 cent hooked, hoping your opinion matters!!!!

Is there a rub rail sticking above rail surface? Looks awesome, Nice job!!!

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'

First thought..., looks like a Valley... Good job copying the design. Flat surface (presumably), rails, 6 pockets, ball return... Nice. I mean I doubt anyone else could dream that up.

PracticeChampion

If you're talking about the band around the outer perimeter, then I'm not a fan. Not sure why anyone would want something sitting higher than the rail. I'm sure there's some profound reasoning I'm simply too slow to grasp seeing as RKC dreamed up the design from scratch...lol
Yeah that's what it looks like, if so I wouldn't like that but the rest looks great