Predator Pool Table

PracticeChampion

Are you going to look at the legs while playing? Who cares. Looks better than a ProAm imo. Great table but a PA looks like a barbox on steroids to me.
Box up it looks amazing and no the legs really don't matter but as a buyer and had to choose I'd pick diamond all day based on just that

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Box up it looks amazing and no the legs really don't matter but as a buyer and had to choose I'd pick diamond all day based on just that
I would too because its made here. Getting parts,etc is easy with a Diamond. Predator is such a global brand they're going to sell a bunch of these.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I look at tables like this as 'performance' tables not furniture. When i'm playing all i see is the top and when i'm done i'm not sitting in my recliner staring at it. To each his own as far as aesthetics go but i'd have one of these in a heartbeat. Watching the ProSeries stream and they look to play really good. Tough, fair and not goofy. I don't think they'll outsell Diamonds' in the US. Worldwide may be another story.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jasmin apparently got gifted one from predator, pretty cool.

i think they look alright. i will always prefer wood though.

TrxR

I wonder how the shelf depth and pocket angle compares to the Diamond tables.

I also think they should have toned it down on the logos, the whole side is one big logo.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They did go a bit overboard with the logo's. The legs aren't great but I'm not offended by them and the clean lines on top definitely make up for any deficiency in the legs.

Brunswick would still be #1 for me. I'm not a fan of the diamonds (just too ugly) so it wouldn't even be considered so I guess Predator would be 2nd in line for me or possibly the right Rasson.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nope. Yes, it looks much better than their other tables and frankly, it looks like a Brunswick - so I'd just buy a Brunswick :)

I am very much an old school person and Brunswick has been around for how many years and now all of the sudden they're obsolete? I think not.

Besides, why would they make it look like a Brunswick - maybe because they know their tables are ugly? Again, I'd just buy a Brunswick :)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope. Yes, it looks much better than their other tables and frankly, it looks like a Brunswick - so I'd just buy a Brunswick :)

I am very much an old school person and Brunswick has been around for how many years and now all of the sudden they're obsolete? I think not.

Besides, why would they make it look like a Brunswick - maybe because they know their tables are ugly? Again, I'd just buy a Brunswick :)
I grew up on GC's and still love them but B'wick does nothing to support pool. Plus everything is made in China. D'mond supports pool big time and is made here. Maybe the new B'wick owners will get them back into tournament pool. One big thing i do like about D'monds: i've never scratched a cue on one. As much as I like GC's all that metal trim does does is scratch cues. Don't even get me started on their pos scoring wheels.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I grew up on GC's and still love them but B'wick does nothing to support pool. Plus everything is made in China. D'mond supports pool big time and is made here. Maybe the new B'wick owners will get them back into tournament pool. One big thing i do like about D'monds: i've never scratched a cue on one. As much as I like GC's all that metal trim does does is scratch cues. Don't even get me started on their pos scoring wheels.

And that's the beautiful thing about life - I get to like what I want and you get to like what you want. Diamond tables are the best playing tables straight out of the box, there's no denying that, they're just not for me.

Buy a used GC 4, call RKC and have him set it up (yes, Chili Palmer just said that) and you'll have a better looking and playing table than ANY Diamond EVER built.

As far as the China comment goes, too bad you feel that way, we live in an international economic world and I have zero issue with purchasing products made in other countries (China, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Canada, et. al). You realize, in other countries there are people just like you who are trying to live a good life and they didn't get to choose where they were born, but your parents did choose to raise you how they did and you get to choose how to raise your children.

But this is not the place for that conversation so I'll let this thread go back to Predator tables now :)

EDITED to remove a few too many smilies.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And that's the beautiful thing about life - I get to like what I want and you get to like what you want. Diamond tables are the best playing tables straight out of the box, there's no denying that, they're just not for me.

Buy a used GC 4, call RKC and have him set it up (yes, Chili Palmer just said that) and you'll have a better looking and playing table than ANY Diamond EVER built.

As far as the China comment goes, too bad you feel that way, we live in an international economic world and I have zero issue with purchasing products made in other countries (China, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Canada, et. al). You realize, in other countries there are people just like you who are trying to live a good life and they didn't get to choose where they were born, but your parents did choose to raise you how they did and you get to choose how to raise your children.

But this is not the place for that conversation so I'll let this thread go back to Predator tables now :)

EDITED to remove a few too many smilies.
My last here too: I'm just not real big on slave labor and China's overall treatment of it so called citizens. I try to buy non-Chinese as much as possible but sometimes its nearly impossible. BTW, i do think the GC4 is the best GC. Do the RKC support mod and they're even better. Out...................

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I wonder how the shelf depth and pocket angle compares to the Diamond tables.

I also think they should have toned it down on the logos, the whole side is one big logo.
The amount of logos on this table is actually toned down for Predator.