Predator Pool Table

Trav91beall

If it doesn't have a 1 piece slate, and somewhat similar leveling system as a Diamond Pro-Am. Then whats the point. Might as well just slap a predator logo on a Rasson. Looks very nice, but I'm not interested.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New press release of a nationwide tour put on by CSI and Predator. All the stops will be played on the new Predator table, except one stop at Griffs, which will be played on Diamonds. The tide is turning, boys.

Press release below:

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It will most likely sell for $10K+.
There are 20 tables being used for the World Championship. Some of the tables have already been pre sold. The last time I checked there were 10 still available for UK buyers at a price of £7200 each

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are 20 tables being used for the World Championship. Some of the tables have already been pre sold. The last time I checked there were 10 still available for UK buyers at a price of £7200 each
That's a tad over 10grand at current exch. rate.

carl.j

How does one go about inquiring about purchasing them from Matchroom?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should contact Sam Leisure in Coventry, UK
SAM in Spain the builder not the seller. Tables are made for Predator. They will handle all distribution. Predator told me that public sales will start next year. They may sell these tournament tables but you'll need to contact Predator or Matchroom.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a nice looking table. I think the lines are better than diamond and the pockets are nicely done. The rails don’t seem to play exaggerated and fast like a diamond and the pockets sound nice. Never been a fan of the way diamonds play. From the looks of it this plays more like a GoldCrown. Which is a good thing. Not only for the players but the viewers. You can already notice the players shooting a little harder which has always been my complaint about diamond. Diamond tables slow down your stroke and speed to compensate for the speed of the cushions. I think this table will be a winner in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

YoungAtHeart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SAM in Spain the builder not the seller. Tables are made for Predator. They will handle all distribution. Predator told me that public sales will start next year. They may sell these tournament tables but you'll need to contact Predator or Matchroom.
All I can say is if you contact the boss at Sam Leisure in Coventry, UK. His company will sell you one of the WC tables for £6000 + vat and arrange delivery and installation as you cannot collect the table direct from Milton Keynes. Most of the tables are being disassembled Wednesday night/ Thursday morning and removed before the semi finals. I don't know if you can also buy from Predator or Matchroom. But the info I'm sharing here is accurate.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been watching more of the highlight reels every night on youtube. I'm really impressed with the play of the table. The balls are going in cleanly. The pockets are super flush. I haven't seen any roll-offs. The mouth of the pocket aligns with the corner castings. (Side note, I wonder if they will offer the table with 5" pockets. And if they do, would they have two sets of corner castings, one for tight pockets, one for loose?).

But most importantly, the rails are playing super super super good. No boing. No crazy short angles. No pinball.

Why can every table company for the past 50 years make rails that bounce properly, even a brand newcomer here, EXCEPT DIAMOND? Every single table but Diamond. I hope this Predator table takes over the pro game and we never have to see a pinball table again.

ThinSlice

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been watching more of the highlight reels every night on youtube. I'm really impressed with the play of the table. The balls are going in cleanly. The pockets are super flush. I haven't seen any roll-offs. The mouth of the pocket aligns with the corner castings. (Side note, I wonder if they will offer the table with 5" pockets. And if they do, would they have two sets of corner castings, one for tight pockets, one for loose?).

But most importantly, the rails are playing super super super good. No boing. No crazy short angles. No pinball.

Why can every table company for the past 50 years make rails that bounce properly, even a brand newcomer here, EXCEPT DIAMOND? Every single table but Diamond. I hope this Predator table takes over the pro game and we never have to see a pinball table again.

What you wrote is 100% true. Everyone gets a hard on over Diamond yet they play terrible. Those tables have ruined the game. I hope predator gets a strong foothold.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
What you wrote is 100% true. Everyone gets a hard on over Diamond yet they play terrible. Those tables have ruined the game. I hope predator gets a strong foothold.
Thank god I'm not the only one... A little back I finally got to hit some balls on a 9ft diamond, and I was baffled as to why people enjoyed them. Rails are flat out goofy and made of flubber.