Predator REVO Limited Edition

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I completely understand your skepticism. I've been playing for about 12 years, mostly with Predator's Z line but also with a few nice customs here and there. I got the Revo about a month ago which had a worn Victory Soft. I did not care for the soft tip, even well broken in. I just received my brand new Revo and opted for a Victory Medium and I like the hit better. I have a Zan Grip Hard on my Z3 which I absolutely love, will be trying this next.

Just to be clear, I am not saying the Revo is Jesus in cue shaft form and will make your game jump by three balls overnight. What I do like about it:

the consistent taper
the low deflection qualities that are a little better than the Z
not worrying about dings or the shaft getting sticky
Not worrying about the shaft changing its characteristics due to the environment
Getting the same amount of spin closer to center when compared to the Z

I'm not saying the Revo isn't a great shaft, only commenting on this section of your post. Do NOT allow yourself to be fooled into this thought. ANY materials performance characteristics will/can change subject to environmental or physical abuse, period. Doesn't matter whether it's wood, carbon fiber. or even metals for that matter. Whether or not you notice the change, or the change is significant enough to effect your play is another question entirely, but you can be assured, that if you left your Revo in your car enough times, or abused it enough times, it will change, IMHO.
Regards.
j2

Last edited:

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
It might not be for everyone, but like I said, those who have tried it were impressed with how it plays..

Rain-Man

Last edited: