Predator REVO Limited Edition

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys. I have a relevant question: is the this the ultimate cue that can shoot and break and jump as well????

So It looks good i.e. in grey color butt only, in my view, and can shoot the lights out if one has skill, but:

Can this cue be used for breaking ?

Can this cue easily jump balls???

Most curious

Last edited:

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I break with my revo cue and it gives me great control when breaking. I still use my predictor jump cue when jumping

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks. Good to know. Do youa slow controlled break or can u go all out with this cue and bring out a ball busting break. Does Predator instructions tell you what NOT to do with this cue????
I.e. hit too hard?? leave in the car summer heat???
DId it mention breaking in the manual or instructions?

Thanks

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Hey guys. I have a relevant question: is the this the ultimate cue that can shoot and break and jump as well????

So It looks good i.e. in grey color butt only, in my view, and can shoot the lights out if one has skill, but:

Can this cue be used for breaking ?

Can this cue easily jump balls???

Most curious

It's not designed to be a break or jump cue. You can break and jump with any cue though.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I've been playing with the P3 Revo now for over a week. The hardest adjustment for me is visually and the sound when moving balls around with the shaft (sounds like metal, not wood).

The hit is great. Super stiff, which I like. Shaft is smooth and deflection is very low. Seems so much more consistent than the 314

Jsnstanley

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only the tip would be of concern here. Maybe a bit more maintenance. And getting harder under compression over time. You wouldn’t hurt this shaft by any means.

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not fan

I had a friend show me his the other day, He told me he had to buy the whole cue for $1,300 because you cant get the shaft alone yet, That goes along with what I'm about to say. I'm not a fan if this revo thing, I have done cue repairs for over 30 years now and have seen just about everything. I just thing Predator is a marketing expert, That's all. I'm also not a fan of these low deflextion shafts at all. I did like Predators early shafts like the 314, That being said , I drive a 2006 Lincoln town car that has over 200,00 miles on it and runs as good as any new car today, Lincoln car are famous for it's 4.6 L bullet proof motor, Anyone who knows Lincoln town cars also knows that miles mean nothing on these cars, The run or ever, I have seen so many that have 400,000 miles and more, There is a limo service where I live that has one with 650,000 miles and still running strong, That's why They stopped making Town cars in 2011,

A company does not make money if they make a product that is the best and runs for ever, They want to make a product that wears out and people will have to buy again before to long. It's clever Marketing,

I think Predator is the best at clevering marketing Do I think these revo cues/shaft are the best HELL NO But there is always that % of people that will ruch out and buy the next best thing and in the process Predator will make a shit load of money,

Why would they only sell the cue now and say no shafts till next year, Because they know they can make a shit load more money this way, AGAIN CLEVER MARKETING, I'm sure they are already working on there next hot shafts and you cant even get these revo shafts yet,,,,,,,,,,,just my two cents

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I will tell you that you are certainly in the minority, even among cuemakers. I have shown mine to several cuemakers, and all of them were impressed by the hit.

I've had mine for 3 months now, and break with it every day, with no damage to the cue. I replaced the Victory soft tip with a Triangle, and it plays great!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I had a friend show me his the other day, He told me he had to buy the whole cue for $1,300 because you cant get the shaft alone yet, That goes along with what I'm about to say. I'm not a fan if this revo thing, I have done cue repairs for over 30 years now and have seen just about everything. I just thing Predator is a marketing expert, That's all. I'm also not a fan of these low deflextion shafts at all. I did like Predators early shafts like the 314, That being said , I drive a 2006 Lincoln town car that has over 200,00 miles on it and runs as good as any new car today, Lincoln car are famous for it's 4.6 L bullet proof motor, Anyone who knows Lincoln town cars also knows that miles mean nothing on these cars, The run or ever, I have seen so many that have 400,000 miles and more, There is a limo service where I live that has one with 650,000 miles and still running strong, That's why They stopped making Town cars in 2011,

A company does not make money if they make a product that is the best and runs for ever, They want to make a product that wears out and people will have to buy again before to long. It's clever Marketing,

I think Predator is the best at clevering marketing Do I think these revo cues/shaft are the best HELL NO But there is always that % of people that will ruch out and buy the next best thing and in the process Predator will make a shit load of money,

Why would they only sell the cue now and say no shafts till next year, Because they know they can make a shit load more money this way, AGAIN CLEVER MARKETING, I'm sure they are already working on there next hot shafts and you cant even get these revo shafts yet,,,,,,,,,,,just my two cents

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I 100% agree and have been breaking with mine since early June.

Well, I will tell you that you are certainly in the minority, even among cuemakers. I have shown mine to several cuemakers, and all of them were impressed by the hit.

I've had mine for 3 months now, and break with it every day, with no damage to the cue. I replaced the Victory soft tip with a Triangle, and it plays great!

Scott Lee

nycdarkness

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a bk3 and I break with that. Ive broken with my revo and I don't like it as much. Yes the cue has a high premium on it the price for sure, but I personally feel its very much worth it. I NEVER felt predator cues were worth the price they charge new, but for the p3 revo I will say just maybe it is. I have both the wrapless curly and the wrapped grey, one of which I picked up for a buddy. I have 3 schon ltds ranging from the early 90s to mid 2000s, 2 mezz cues. and 2 other predators. in terms of production cues. In terms of custom cues I have a lambros and carmeli. Out of all the cues I have or have had come thru my hands, the revo is without doubt the best playing cue of them all. Not the most well made, nor the prettiest. In fact it's rather ugly due to the black shaft. I've tried to get it to look better using a black p3 butt. Now I will also say this. The revo p3 butt is dramatically improved in feel. Compared to the black p3, the current white p3 racer, the exotic curly p3 from 3 years ago. Not only has the butt slimmed down dramatically, but it feels MUCH more solid and less hollow. I am not sure how a revo shaft would play on another butt, but using the 4-5 different predator butts I have access to it is noticeably better on the revo butt in terms of feel.

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Predator sure are masters at creating interest and curiosity but I'm very happy with my regular cue. I play with a custom and playing with a shaft that wasn't made by the same cuemaker just defies every logic I have.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Everyone I know who has tried or bought a REVO loves it..

First time I tried one, I broke and ran with it :) . Complete coincidence, but ironically it happened.

The 12.90mm is just a little too thick for me personally, but other have said they dont even notice it..

Last edited:

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
I prefer a harder tip on it though, and it was fairly easy to put one on for a customer...

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Revo shaft is built to fit my Samsara butt, with a radial pin. It works perfectly, and plays great! :thumbup:

Scott Lee

I have a bk3 and I break with that. Ive broken with my revo and I don't like it as much. Yes the cue has a high premium on it the price for sure, but I personally feel its very much worth it. I NEVER felt predator cues were worth the price they charge new, but for the p3 revo I will say just maybe it is. I have both the wrapless curly and the wrapped grey, one of which I picked up for a buddy. I have 3 schon ltds ranging from the early 90s to mid 2000s, 2 mezz cues. and 2 other predators. in terms of production cues. In terms of custom cues I have a lambros and carmeli. Out of all the cues I have or have had come thru my hands, the revo is without doubt the best playing cue of them all. Not the most well made, nor the prettiest. In fact it's rather ugly due to the black shaft. I've tried to get it to look better using a black p3 butt. Now I will also say this. The revo p3 butt is dramatically improved in feel. Compared to the black p3, the current white p3 racer, the exotic curly p3 from 3 years ago. Not only has the butt slimmed down dramatically, but it feels MUCH more solid and less hollow. I am not sure how a revo shaft would play on another butt, but using the 4-5 different predator butts I have access to it is noticeably better on the revo butt in terms of feel.