Predator World 8 Ball Championship (Nov 19-22), Puerto Rico, Winner $60K

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member

Petri's eyes petrified the commentators. Spitting image of the late Meat Loaf :LOL:
View attachment 671821

Leyman is a diva. His nickname should be J Ley. 🤣Don't know why he is head referee /tournament for many MR and Predator events instead of snooker ref Marcel Ekert.
Diva I can take. How about being right once in a while. I remember the squabble between Jayson Shaw and Earl when Earl miscalled the ball on during a 14.1 event at Steinway. Made this big proclamation about how he was busy and did not see the play when it was the ONLY table in action. Never seems to make the correct call or in position to make said call.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
kaci didn't miss a ball against ko ping chung. brutal.

jayson is also looking very strong. maybe those two are favorites right now. filler isn't missing much either but doesn't have as strong break. big ko looking good too.
Don't sleep on Shane, who played what may have been the greatest final in the history of eight ball against Biado in the 2013 US Open 8-ball at the Rio in Las Vegas. Many called it the best pool match of 2013. Here's what I wrote about that match in my 2013 recap:

Van Boening vs Biado, US Open 8-ball
Each player ran 9 of his first ten racks from the break and the finals stood at 10-10 in a win by two format. At 11-11, Biado made the fatal mistake and Shane ran out the match for a truly memorable 13-11 win.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't sleep on Shane, who played what may have been the greatest final in the history of eight ball against Biado in the 2013 US Open 8-ball at the Rio in Las Vegas. Many called it the best pool match of 2013. Here's what I wrote about that match in my 2013 recap:

Each player ran 9 of his first ten racks from the break and the finals stood at 10-10 in a win by two format. At 11-11, Biado made the fatal mistake and Shane ran out the match for a truly memorable 13-11 win.

would be awesome if he won both 8-ball and 9-ball WC the same year.

but he hasn't impressed so far. too many misses

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I see the re-emergence of this event to be something special. Looks like we'll have eight very strong quarterfinalists, four of them from Poland in Maciol, Szewczyk, Zielinski and Konrad J. Wow!

Best of the luck to the last eight tomorrow.

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wasn't that a great match? I picked a great year to go to Vegas!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I see the re-emergence of this event to be something special. Looks like we'll have eight very strong quarterfinalists, four of them from Poland in Maciol, Szewczyk, Zielinski and Konrad J. Wow!

Best of the luck to the last eight tomorrow.
Pretty strong medicine by Team Poland! Been a long time since we've seen four of the final eight in any World Championship coming from the same country. Maybe the Philippines did it, but I can't remember when. At Large?

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
Looks like we'll have eight very strong quarterfinalists, four of them from Poland in Maciol, Szewczyk, Zielinski and Konrad J. Wow!
I think 8-ball is pretty popular in Poland still, even among pros.
Also, the Poles seemed to have figured out the breaking a little better than others.
Oh yah, and they're all just great players--- that probably helps too!:cool: