Predator WPA World 10 Ball Women’s Championship 2023 (18-22 Oct 2023), Austria, Winner $50K

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The event has biggest first prize of $50K for a women's event this decade. It sees surprise return to international events of 2 best women players with highest Fargorate, Chen Siming and Han Yu. Even though they are unseeded, I would rate them as slight favorites over Rita Chou and Kelly Fisher.
Though it is missing 3x World 9 ball champion Liu Shasha, this is still the strongest field for women's World championship this decade

Draw/Match Schedule

Prize Fund
prizefund w10b.JPG

Rules
rules w10b.JPG

Format
format w10b.JPG

Players Guide
https://probilliardseries.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/World-Women-10-Ball-Rules-1.pdf

Tournament Schedule
https://probilliardseries.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Klagenfurt-Schedule-compress.pdf

FREE Live Stream
https://www.youtube.com/@ProBilliardTV
https://streamstak.com/billiardtv/
https://www.youtube.com/@WorldBilliardTV

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a strong field! Good to see some of the top Chinese players back. I think it will come down to Taiwan, China, or the Philippines.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pam Xiaomi g makes a return to international competition here. Can’t remember the last time she played outside of China.

The usual suspects have byes in the first.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pam Xiaomi g makes a return to international competition here. Can’t remember the last time she played outside of China.

The usual suspects have byes in the first.

auto spelling there i assume. pan xiaoting is in the field. i remember her playing 9-ball against o'sullivan

i'm rooting for chezka because of her fast and loose style

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Coming up in about 30 minutes

Winners Round 1
Table 1
Reigning champion Rita Chou v former World 10 Ball champion Rubilen Amit

Table 2
Former World 10 Ball champion Jasmin Ouschan v Silvana Lu

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I find it odd that they only had 48 players, but perhaps that is because this event is going on at the same time as the EPBF Women’s European Championships 10 Ball being held less than 200km away from it in Slovenia… From my perspective it looks like the WPA can’t manage a calendar with or without Matchroom, even after they’ve tried to make 10 Ball the game…

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I find it odd that they only had 48 players, but perhaps that is because this event is going on at the same time as the EPBF Women’s European Championships 10 Ball being held less than 200km away from it in Slovenia… From my perspective it looks like the WPA can’t manage a calendar with or without Matchroom, even after they’ve tried to make 10 Ball the game…

WPA rep Ishaun said date protection is no longer a policy to uphold.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WPA rep Ishaun said date protection is no longer a policy to uphold.
That guy makes politicians look honest and direct... I remember his statements about 10-ball, gray cloth and ball colors as well. But then, most of that didn't match-up with the WPA's 9-ball event in Qatar either...

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
That guy makes politicians look honest and direct... I remember his statements about 10-ball, gray cloth and ball colors as well. But then, most of that didn't match-up with the WPA's 9-ball event in Qatar either...

WPA is getting third hand info. After new promoters realize they have issues, Ishaun has to put out fires.

Ishaun is not in a position to hold promoters to any standards, after they pay the WPA fee, they can get away with whatever they want.

The day the WPA decides to take the title away from a player will mark the official fall of billiards as a sport.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The event has biggest first prize of $50K for a women's event this decade. It sees surprise return to international events of 2 best women players with highest Fargorate, Chen Siming and Han Yu.
Han Yu is surely the most overlooked superstar in the history of professional pool. With 3 WPA World 9-ball Championships, 3 China Open titles and 2 All-Japan Championships, she has 8 major championships at the age of 31.

In my view, if she continues to produce, Han Yu will soon belong in the discussion for best woman player of all time.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Han Yu is surely the most overlooked superstar in the history of professional pool. With 3 WPA World 9-ball Championships, 3 China Open titles and 2 All-Japan Championships, she has 8 major championships at the age of 31.

In my view, if she continues to produce, Han Yu will soon belong in the discussion for best woman player of all time.
Yes. She took break, started family recently had 3 year old child and managed to comeback win recent China Open

Another overlooked player at top of women's game is 3x World 9 ball champion Liu Shasha. Youngest to win at 16 and by 22 had won 3x World 9 ball championship. Big rival of Chen Siming pipping her to few titles . Was runner up in recent China Open.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes. She took break, started family recently had 3 year old child and managed to comeback win recent China Open

Another overlooked player at top of women's game is 3x World 9 ball champion Liu Shasha. Youngest to win at 16 and by 22 had won 3x World 9 ball championship. Big rival of Chen Siming pipping her to few titles . Was runner up in recent China Open.
Agreed on the subject of her pedigree, although I don't feel Shasha Liu is under the radar.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loser qualification/ elimination

Austrian pool star and "Dancing with stars" star Jasmin Ouschan v Allison Fisher :LOL: Must win for Jasmin cos her elimination will drop audience viewers

Seo Seoa v Pia Filler

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a truly tough final 16. Han Yu, Siming, and Pan Xiaoting from PRC, Wei Wei, Chou, and Wang from Taiwan, the Fisher sisters (snicker), plus Chezka, Zlateva, and Rocha, plus a few more, including Pia Filler who knocked out Seo in a hill hill thriller.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a truly tough final 16. Han Yu, Siming, and Pan Xiaoting from PRC, Wei Wei, Chou, and Wang from Taiwan, the Fisher sisters (snicker), plus Chezka, Zlateva, and Rocha, plus a few more, including Pia Filler who knocked out Seo in a hill hill thriller.

rooting for chezka but i have a feeling the winner of chou vs siming will win the title. chou is the holder of both rotation titles atm and has been the best player in the absence of the mainland chinese