Premier League Pool (PLP) 6-13 March2023, Leicester- Earl makes his debut !

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PLP returns on Monday. Earl makes his debut in this Matchroom invitational. Also gatecrashing this boys party are 2 ladies Rita Chou (reigning world 9 ball/world 10 ball champion and reputedly best female money game player) and Seo Seoa.
I like that they change the format this year to simple round robin league of all 16 players on first few days. The format in previous years (i.e. adding new players and dropping bottom table players every day) was plain dumb :LOL:
120 matches (on 2 tables) for first 5 days

Free streams on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/@MatchroomPool1

leaguetable1.JPG

format1.JPG

free streams.JPG

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to see 2 women in the mix!

Do the scores reset between eliminations? I forget from last year. The format page doesn't make that clear.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Good to see 2 women in the mix!

Do the scores reset between eliminations? I forget from last year. The format page doesn't make that clear.
Last year the players' records were cumulative through the 3 round-robin stages rather than starting over for each stage.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table 1
Albin v Earl

Table 2
Alex Pagulayan v Khalid Alghamdi

Last year the players' records were cumulative through the 3 round-robin stages rather than starting over for each stage.
Commentator confirmed that it is cumulative like last year. That is better cos forces everyone to play their best from day 1, every match matters :ROFLMAO:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm guessing the invites were sent out prior to him winning the World 10 Ball, but still it's kind of odd that he wasn't invited but Earl was.

since it's a bit of a novelty event i don't mind a couple of odd picks (world pool masters is a different story). but the earl thing is so old and played out now. wouldn't surprise me if barry hearn is behind it