Price check on McDermott wildlife wc-6 / are they even more rare in 2021?

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes - you attacked me without provocation so I bit back. Imagine that. Your post to me was out-of-line. And I didn't suggest your cue was worth less, read it again it was humor. I only care to understand McDermotts numbering history on this cue, I really don't give a rat's ass about yours. I just included you in the mix since you bought one.

Attacked? Lol

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Hey I know there have been other post about the wildlife series but they are older post and if I'm not mistaken you can't find them at the moment.

I have a 1987 McDermott Wildlife Series WC-6 with the bass on it. I will post pics and if anyone can tell me a ballpark of how much it's worth that would be awesome.

A buddy of mind sold the bear one recently for $1100. Also there was someone that restored the collection and was selling them for $900 each but that was a while ago.

If anyone finds a wildlife series for sale please post on here because I'm curious if they can be found at the moment. I tried looking any couldn't find any so looks like they are becoming even more rare.

The cue in the pics is my daily player and is durable and really a great stick. If anyone knows ithe value post it up please.
Back to the discussion, relative value and collectability, I suspect this matters to some degree, however small.
From McDermott on the question of serial numbers:
This series is before my time, but from what I understand the WC series was originally designed to be sold in a complete set of 6. The complete sets were serial numbered and then later we started offering individual cues that were not serial numbered.

I don’t have any production numbers from back then, so I can't speculate on how many were made. It wasn't released as a limited edition series or anything; just something new and unique at the time.

If correct, individually numbered cues were 1 of 6 in a set. Personally I can't imagine who thought that was a good idea (to make money) at McDermott but it is what it is. So the 3 numbered cues here were part of a complete set numbered the same and the unumbered cue was produced without a serial number as a later stand alone. Imagine trying to track down the other 5 in your set if you only own one. :eek:

Does not appear there are records stating "how many" sets were produced and it was not released as a limited edition.

So value wise - guess it comes back to cue condition, buyer preference, etc. I would think an original, complete set in excellent condition are worth more in whole.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Funny thread. Guy with one of the deepest knowledge base of cues and cuemakers getting accused of attacking someone over a number on a mcdermott. Classic.

For the record, one I had that was purchased new, didn't have anything but the mcdermott logo. Was about 3 months after they came out.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
For the record, one I had that was purchased new, didn't have anything but the mcdermott logo. Was about 3 months after they came out.
And now we know why! I sure don't trust my memory after 34 years to be exact.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny thread. Guy with one of the deepest knowledge base of cues and cuemakers getting accused of attacking someone over a number on a mcdermott. Classic.

No kidding!

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
No kidding!
Now don't act like you didn't learn something you didn't need to know. If one believes "memories" of 30+ years, the "catalog" not showing numbers was actually produced "after" McDermott chose to produce singles. How's that for a pool cue factoid!!

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now don't act like you didn't learn something you didn't need to know. If one believes "memories" of 30+ years, the "catalog" not showing numbers was actually produced "after" McDermott chose to produce singles. How's that for a pool cue factoid!!
Nobody cares.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Cue lore...guess it has to be a custom to appease the arrogant.

I do like the #2 poo cue though. (y) You know that would sell out among the bangers right quick.

Pay2Play863

Hello everyone I just joined and saw this
Thread about the Wildlife series from 1987 and I have a friend selling the whole set. WC1 through WC6 still in case never chalked feel free to PM me. Do you think I should post in the wanted/selling section?

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
since you are new here, why don't you just tell your friend to join and he can post them for sale. then people that are interested can do business with the actual owner.

Pay2Play863

I have the cues currently in my possession and working with the owner because he is not very tech savy and would be lost. I'm just trying to help him anyway i can, and also seek the guidance of this forum... was just inquiring about it to see if people would be interested. Also wanted people to know I'm not a bot since I'm a new member and don't have alot of activity on this site. I'll let him know that this was a bad idea since im not the actual owner, i will read your rules for posting in the for sale section and explain it as best as I can. I am still new and trying to learn your rules and guidelines if I break any of them please let me know.