PUSH OR PULL

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Thanks Very much Patric. It makes sense, I do understand the concept. i think there are examples of where it may or may not be called that are likely to be debatable. yes it is a bit off topic of the thread. good video, Ill watch all of it and open a new thread if I need more on it. It completely does make sense why its a foul.
Not to be confused with "double hit", which is what can easily happen with the CB very near the OB - the CB leaves the tip, but is slowed/stopped by the OB so the tip hits it again during followthrough. It can be difficult to see, so we often have to go by how the balls act (for instance, the CB continues forward after a full hit on the OB even though you didn't put any follow on it).

pj
chgo

Last edited:
Reactions: bbb

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
from babe cranfield, and laurence moy:
Thank you for posting this. I just ordered a copy of the book. Never even heard of it before.

When I have played some of my best pool, I felt like I was pulling the cue through the cue ball and my grip hand was along for the ride. Maybe even lagging behind my forearm. Smooth and effortless was the feeling.

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
Hmmmm....interesting.........In Golf this is a shark move.......If a guy/girl is putting well...making everything they look at and you want to try and get into their head.............

"Man you putt GREAT!!!....You make everything you look at.........I am just curious....Let me ask....Do you Push or Pull the putter?"

No....I never did this to anyone....but had it attempted on me.......My reply was...."Neither....I swing it"

I would imagine it could have the same effect on a pool player.

WobblyStroke

Hmmmm....interesting.........In Golf this is a shark move.......If a guy/girl is putting well...making everything they look at and you want to try and get into their head.............

"Man you putt GREAT!!!....You make everything you look at.........I am just curious....Let me ask....Do you Push or Pull the putter?"

No....I never did this to anyone....but had it attempted on me.......My reply was...."Neither....I swing it"

I would imagine it could have the same effect on a pool player.
Ha. It is a shark move. My friend played pro basketball in Europe and his go-to move when a guy was hot was to try and make him think of his technique in some way with comments like, "man, you're on tonight. your shot kinda reminds me of so and so. Is that what you're doing?". Worked like a charm lol