Q Masters altercation?

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
There's only one great pool hall in Albany, as far as I'm concerned. :embarrassed2:

This one below! :grin:

I got to play there about a month or so ago!!! :)

A friend of mine (who's also on AZ) twisted my arm to get me out of here and he "drug" me up there for the evening! It was a very enjoyable room and I was treated VERY well for never having showed my face there before. :wink: We played on apparently THE TIGHTEST table they have in the place...it must have been because I was rattling balls in the pockets all night! :grin:

(Sorry for hijacking the thread for a moment...everyone feel free to carry on talking about the boxing Brits! :p )

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Appleton is a hot head. There are plenty of them in pool. I'm sure many things were upsetting to Daz including his failed attempt to three-peat.

And Lee is not perfect either. From what I can tell about him is that he pushes his beliefs on anyone who will listen, like it or not. Think about when Phil Burford told him he didn't want to hear his advise.

Hooligan shanigians....it's the English way..

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got to play there about a month or so ago!!! :)

A friend of mine (who's also on AZ) twisted my arm to get me out of here and he "drug" me up there for the evening! It was a very enjoyable room and I was treated VERY well for never having showed my face there before. :wink: We played on apparently THE TIGHTEST table they have in the place...it must have been because I was rattling balls in the pockets all night! :grin:

(Sorry for hijacking the thread for a moment...everyone feel free to carry on talking about the boxing Brits! :p )

"Boxing Brits." :rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Yes, Rocco the owner and his family are good pool peeps. They get action in there from time to time. It's an action-friendly pool room, I guess. I love the people there. They are all so cool with a thirst to sweat good pool. My kind of pool room! :smile:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened to you? Your face looks all canine.

I'm all red because I told the truth about Earl 'toys out pram' Strickland and his fanboys took it out on my forum rep (boo-hoo). :rolleyes:

Anybody who's not a friend of Earl is not a friend of mine. :mad:

Truth be told, I'd rather look like a canine than Eddie Wolfgang.

Attachments

• munsters.jpg
    munsters.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,267

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anybody who's not a friend of Earl is not a friend of mine. :mad:

Truth be told, I'd rather look like a canine than Eddie Wolfgang.

I always thought Mike D. looks like Eddie Wolfgang -- Cabbage-Patch version. D'oh!! :p :eek:

-Sean

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
Thanks for the update. Looks to me like Darren doesn't accept defeat well!

Who cares if Efren ran around the perimeter giving everybody a high-five! Heck, if I slopped in the winning ball in a tight race, I'd be on Cloud Nine, especially at the Open. Good for Efren! :cool:

Show me a loser who likes to lose, and I'll show you a loser. Champions of Darren's caliber should accept defeat gracefully, even on the luck shot.

I am reminded of what happened to Queen Jean after a ball was slopped in for the win against her. She got so upset that she unscrewed her cue for good, especially after pool politics raised its ugly head wanting her to pay a fine.

I am sure Darren wanted to win, but, hey, you can't win 'em all. It just wasn't in the cards for him this year. He's probably burned out from the travel this week from the International Champions up in Yankee Country to Virginia. It does take its toll on you. :embarrassed2:

Agreed, IMHO when you've lost,it's tough to stomach anyone celebrating a win. I don't think efren did anything wrong, or out of the ordinary in respect to celebrating a win.....unlike Appleton with his excessively unsportsmanlike after win celebrations.......that's called rubbing it in-even football had the common sense to put an end to excessive end zone dances.

Efren got a good roll, and I'm sure time will put things back in perspective for Darren. He's a player, so he understands the nature of 9ball, but perhaps not in the heat of the moment in this instance. I'm sure there was a lot going on though that contributed to the incident.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always thought Mike D. looks like Eddie Wolfgang -- Cabbage-Patch version. D'oh!! :p :eek:

-Sean

Tee-hee! :grin-square:

Hey, is this a comma splice or not? Which one would you use?

Example A: The facts are clear, we've reached an interesting interaction where regulation and technology can provide consumer protection into the future.

Example B: The facts are clear. We've reached an interesting interaction where regulation and technology can provide consumer protection into the future.

Example C: The facts are clear; we've reached an interesting interaction where regulation and technology can provide consumer protection into the future.

Just reading the above, it looks like there should be a period or even a semicolon after "clear." If you listen to the audio, though, I'm thinking a comma.

This is why sometimes it is necessary to actually *hear* what is said in order to apply the correct punctuation.

Which one do you think?

PC_John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, its ok for him to throw his cue around, jump on the table yelling like a banchee,but if the other guy shakes his hand and does a few high fives he is upset?

He can shoot pool, but I am thinking a lot less of him as a person these days.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tee-hee! :grin-square:

Hey, is this a comma splice or not? Which one would you use?

Example A: The facts are clear, we've reached an interesting interaction where regulation and technology can provide consumer protection into the future.

Example B: The facts are clear. We've reached an interesting interaction where regulation and technology can provide consumer protection into the future.

Example C: The facts are clear; we've reached an interesting interaction where regulation and technology can provide consumer protection into the future.

Just reading the above, it looks like there should be a period or even a semicolon after "clear." If you listen to the audio, though, I'm thinking a comma.

This is why sometimes it is necessary to actually *hear* what is said in order to apply the correct punctuation.

Which one do you think?

Hard to say, Jen. I'd have to hear the audio to know what is appropriate. To be honest, Example C looks more correct to me, because although the two portions of the sentence can clearly stand on their own, they are related to each other, but not so closely where a comma could "short-pause" them together. To me, a semi-colon lends a slightly longer pause -- not as long as a hard-stop, but longer than a comma.

Then again, I could be completely wrong, because I write the way I speak -- not always in "Good Prose Housekeeping" fashion. ;)

-Sean

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to say, Jen. I'd have to hear the audio to know what is appropriate. To be honest, Example C looks more correct to me, because although the two portions of the sentence can clearly stand on their own, they are related to each other, but not so closely where a comma could "short-pause" them together. To me, a semi-colon lends a slightly longer pause -- not as long as a hard-stop, but longer than a comma.

Then again, I could be completely wrong, because I write the way I speak -- not always in "Good Prose Housekeeping" fashion. ;)

-Sean

I know what you mean. Even a colon might suffice. These are the conundrums I deal with 20, 30, 40, and 50 times a day. :grin-square:

"Boxing Brits." Thanks, JAMSGOLF. I'm still laughing! :killingme::killingme::killingme:

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
For anybody who is suprised at Darren's behavior I am suprised at you, does nobody remember what he did to Rodney at the Mosconi cup when Rodney complained about the English fans moving and making noise when he was playing? Darren told him something along the lines of just shut up and play and Rodney told him they should keep their fans in line better and Darren promptly invited him outside which caused things to get quite out of hand. I have absolutely no respect for Darren Appleton as a person, his game speaks for itself but as a person in my opinion he is way worse than Earl by a long shot as far as etiquette goes.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For anybody who is suprised at Darren's behavior I am suprised at you, does nobody remember what he did to Rodney at the Mosconi cup when Rodney complained about the English fans moving and making noise when he was playing? Darren told him something along the lines of just shut up and play and Rodney told him they should keep their fans in line better and Darren promptly invited him outside which caused things to get quite out of hand. I have absolutely no respect for Darren Appleton as a person, his game speaks for itself but as a person in my opinion he is way worse than Earl by a long shot as far as etiquette goes.

My memory has Rodney saying "we can take it outside"