Qiut smoking day for AZers and support.Monday.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great job guys............

every time I check this thread I just go WOW.

Azer's are making a difference for AZers.

You guys that are quitting are an inspiration to all that want to quit.

Helping them get to the other side of the road.........:cool:

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you again, for this thread. It is amazing how much impact it has had. I'm still not smoking, but it is still difficult. The fact that it is still difficult, should be an alarm to anyone who smokes. Smoking is a terrible addiction.
A big thank you to GoldCrown and Cuesblues. I will be saving my former cigarette money as an incentive. It will probably be a new cue fund.
Thanks guys.

stutz

did you call that?
Silver Member
great thread :thumbup:

I'm working on my fourth week on the patch and I really haven't had to many "man I'd kill for a smoke" moments. I might have my moments where I don't want to talk to any one and if I do, I might snap thingy's, but I'm doing ok for the most part :)

I will start my 2nd step Thursday. It lasts 2 weeks, I think I'll be ok after that.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great job guys.....

Hopefully we can get a few more to jump on board and make tomorrow, this Monday their

I QUIT SMOKING DAY..................

Make this Monday one of the most important days in your life..................and your family.........................................

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
Nicotine Addiction 101

Great job with your quits, keep up the good work.

Read a great article about "What is Nicotine Addiction?" and why it's so frickin' hard to quit. http://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html
It's a long article but the info has helped me with my quit.

42 days without chew for me. Took the money saved and bought an OB shaft!!

Stan

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for you............

I'm working on my fourth week on the patch and I really haven't had to many "man I'd kill for a smoke" moments. I might have my moments where I don't want to talk to any one and if I do, I might snap thingy's, but I'm doing ok for the most part :)

I will start my 2nd step Thursday. It lasts 2 weeks, I think I'll be ok after that.

On the home stretch.

All good from there............

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member

You got it. You're in. Just quit for 1 more day...and more after that for the rest of your life. One day at a time. It gets easier. Stopping smoking....we can live with it... literally.

Joey V

Registered
I quit just 6 years ago. At 1:30 p.m., February 19th, 2008, I smoked my last cigarette. I woke up with a lump in my neck, and I had a sore throat. It scared me. Fortunately, I did not feel like smoking because I felt sick. As it turned out, it was a swollon gland. A few days later, I felt better and did want to smoke, but I figured I had made 3 days without a cigarette, so I'd see how far I could go.

I had been wanting to quit for 2 or 3 years, talked about it all the time, but I just didn't do it. Meanwhile, my brother and best friend both quit about the same time, and I was getting pressure from them to quit, which pissed me off actaully. I did enjoy smoking when I smoked.

Today, it is the best move I made in my life. I feel so much better, no more colds, flus, sinus problems. My hair and clothes always smell clean now. No more frantically running to the store to get a pack because I ran out. And then there's the money I have saved.

Keith quit January 1st of this year. It's almost 2 months for Keith. I just asked him last night if he's over the hump, and he said not really. But like you hae written in your post, a lot of his friends recently passed away with cancer. In fact, he just learned that his brother Mark now has cancer, so I think that's keeping Keith off the ciggies, thank the good Lord.

Nobody will quit unless they really want to quit. I did it cold turkey, and so did Keith. I can honestly say that today, I do *not* crave those ciggies. :smile:

This April 2nd will make one yer for me. Similar to you I got sick ( food poisoning from McDonald's ) and had not smoked in a couple days so when I felt better I said to myself why go back. I also had been wanting to quit for several years. Funny how getting Food poisoning may have been the best thing to ever happen to me.

My wife still smokes and there are cigarettes in the house all the time and I'm not even tempted. Looking back now I can't believe what I did to myself all those years and when I see people smoking now I can't believe that was me at one time.

Good luck to all those trying to quit. I hate to state the obvious, but If I can do it anyone can.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any new quitters this week

Great stories in this thread. Anyone that wants to quit can read back through this and get some great advise on how others got it done.

Keep sharing your stories.

Our AZ friends lives depend on it.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This April 2nd will make one yer for me. Similar to you I got sick ( food poisoning from McDonald's ) and had not smoked in a couple days so when I felt better I said to myself why go back. I also had been wanting to quit for several years. Funny how getting Food poisoning may have been the best thing to ever happen to me.

My wife still smokes and there are cigarettes in the house all the time and I'm not even tempted. Looking back now I can't believe what I did to myself all those years and when I see people smoking now I can't believe that was me at one time.

Good luck to all those trying to quit. I hate to state the obvious, but If I can do it anyone can.

Good for you, Joey! Congratulations. Keith and I both do not smoke now, and Keith, I am proud to say, has over 3 months without a ciggie. He now says he is so glad he quit.

My daughter still smokes, but I do *not* let her smoke in the house. She goes out on the porch if she wants to smoke, and there is an air filter in the porch. Even though it is in the porch and she opens a window out there, I can still smell it when she comes back in the house. That secondhand smoke is just as bad as smoking, and I can't standa the smell of it anymore. I wish I could get my daughter to quit, but she has all the self-rationalizing reasons why she can't, one being she is currently going for her master's. The stress of school is heavy on her.

Now that I don't smoke, when I do see smokers standing outside in the cold, sucking on a ciggie, I truly do feel sorry for them. I see them as addicts. When I walk past a smoker in a grocery store, they stink, even though they aren't smoking inside the grocery store. The smokes hangs on their body, their clothes, their hair, their yellow fingertips and hands. Eww!

I am fortunate that I have good genes as far as aging. It came from my ancestry. All the ladies have good skin, but have you ever seen a lady's face that smokes after the age of 45? Their skin looks like a leather belt or a dried-up prune. Their lips have lines around them from drawing on cigarettes, and their skin on their entire body looks like a deflated balloon with creases. Men age gracefully, but women who smoke really suffer as far as what they look like as they age, especially when they smoke. A lady I used to work with was only 45, and she looked like she was 75. She smokes a pack a day. Her face has so many wrinkles, and she stinks.

It is so nice to have clean-smelling hands and breath. No more running to the store because I need a cigarette right away or going through the ashtray to smoke a long butt left there. And think of all the money saved from not buying cigarettes. Wow! Even Keith recognizes the money he's saved in 3 months! ;)

Again, keep up the good work. Somebody shared this little chart with me, and I'll share it here for all to enjoy. :)

Attachments

• 1422626_707024485991817_2012130671_n.jpg
    1422626_707024485991817_2012130671_n.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I vaporize nowadays :)

You vaporize nicotine? LOL! I have heard of people doing that with marijuana but not cigarettes. It kind of defeats the purpose.

When I smoked, I did enjoy smoking, but now that I have 6 years abstinence, it is the best decision I ever made in my life as far as health.

You couldn't pay me $100,000 to smoke agian. Nope. It's a terrible, terrible addiction.

At least if you vaporize, you are not subjecting others to secondhand smoke, so that is a good thing.

kickserves

Registered
You vaporize nicotine? LOL! I have heard of people doing that with marijuana but not cigarettes. It kind of defeats the purpose.

When I smoked, I did enjoy smoking, but now that I have 6 years abstinence, it is the best decision I ever made in my life as far as health.

You couldn't pay me $100,000 to smoke agian. Nope. It's a terrible, terrible addiction.

At least if you vaporize, you are not subjecting others to secondhand smoke, so that is a good thing.

Well, You vape a flavored liquid that contains nicotine and not the rest of the thousands of crappy stuff that's in cigarettes and produces water vapor. It's a pretty good way to quit and that's what I used when I quit smoking. It takes care of the 3 main obstacles to quit - nicotine craving, blowing smoke and keeping your hands and mouth occupied.

I've been smoke free for over 2 years now and have no interest in going back.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Powerful words here for sure............

Good for you, Joey! Congratulations. Keith and I both do not smoke now, and Keith, I am proud to say, has over 3 months without a ciggie. He now says he is so glad he quit.

My daughter still smokes, but I do *not* let her smoke in the house. She goes out on the porch if she wants to smoke, and there is an air filter in the porch. Even though it is in the porch and she opens a window out there, I can still smell it when she comes back in the house. That secondhand smoke is just as bad as smoking, and I can't standa the smell of it anymore. I wish I could get my daughter to quit, but she has all the self-rationalizing reasons why she can't, one being she is currently going for her master's. The stress of school is heavy on her.

Now that I don't smoke, when I do see smokers standing outside in the cold, sucking on a ciggie, I truly do feel sorry for them. I see them as addicts. When I walk past a smoker in a grocery store, they stink, even though they aren't smoking inside the grocery store. The smokes hangs on their body, their clothes, their hair, their yellow fingertips and hands. Eww!

I am fortunate that I have good genes as far as aging. It came from my ancestry. All the ladies have good skin, but have you ever seen a lady's face that smokes after the age of 45? Their skin looks like a leather belt or a dried-up prune. Their lips have lines around them from drawing on cigarettes, and their skin on their entire body looks like a deflated balloon with creases. Men age gracefully, but women who smoke really suffer as far as what they look like as they age, especially when they smoke. A lady I used to work with was only 45, and she looked like she was 75. She smokes a pack a day. Her face has so many wrinkles, and she stinks.

It is so nice to have clean-smelling hands and breath. No more running to the store because I need a cigarette right away or going through the ashtray to smoke a long butt left there. And think of all the money saved from not buying cigarettes. Wow! Even Keith recognizes the money he's saved in 3 months! ;)

Again, keep up the good work. Somebody shared this little chart with me, and I'll share it here for all to enjoy. :)

I quit smoking in 1986 after trying about 20 times.

Words like these bring back bad memories and make me so grateful that I was able to finally quit.

Like I said. POWERFUL WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The vaporizer is working well for me too....its way cheaper than my $7 a day cigarette habit, I don't stink like smoke and most important my wife is happy (trust me that's just as good for my health as quitting smoking lol) I did have a small relapse and took a couple puffs the other night and ill tell ya it was gross ....I don't know how I ever enjoyed cigarettes!

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep it up guys and gals...............

This has been almost unbelievable.

The amount of players that have already quit with a little push and support from this thread.

How many more will start their quitting this Monday.:D

Good Luck everyone..........;)

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good Job...........

Congrats! Today is day 22 for me. The e-cig helps a ton. People have offered me cigarettes off and on but I don't really have any interest in lighting another one up. Just take it one day at a time and you will be fine. The biggest thing in the beginning is when your brain tells you that you still need a cigarette. Once you get past that barrier and realize you will be fine without one, then you are set.

Your on the home stretch to a better life.

If everyone that quits can just help 2 or 3 more quit, what a way to make a difference.

Another Monday and chance for more to start their new smoke free lives.............

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your on the home stretch to a better life.

If everyone that quits can just help 2 or 3 more quit, what a way to make a difference.

Another Monday and chance for more to start their new smoke free lives.............

Thanks Gene. I quit counting days awhile ago but know my last cigarette was on February 27th. I guess that would be 39 days now. I wish everyone good luck and for the people who keep thinking about quitting, today is as good a time as any other. Just take the first step or else you may just procrastinate and be saying the same thing a year from now.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great job and keep it goin

Thanks Gene. I quit counting days awhile ago but know my last cigarette was on February 27th. I guess that would be 39 days now. I wish everyone good luck and for the people who keep thinking about quitting, today is as good a time as any other. Just take the first step or else you may just procrastinate and be saying the same thing a year from now.

I'm at 4 Bears trying to win a tournament.

We got another Monday coming up real soon.

Who's gonna step up and make this their quit day?

If we get one a week this entire thread is worth it.

Step up and take the challenge.

Allot of support right here on AZ............

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh no....but who knew right?... thx Colorado/Washington (et.al in the future) watch the local new for more fun facts on the human experiment we can 'freedom' :thumbup:...

As the saying goes "hurry, smoke em' if you got em"... I mean, what do you have you to luzzze right?? Life is too short (for some) to miss out on small pleasures in life. The only other legal drug that is designed to reduce the number of brain cell (causing depression etc) is alcohol...Amertca's vices...Brain damage/ :bash:

Brain changes associated with casual marijuana use in young adults: More 'joints' equal more damage
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140415181156.htm

More links from the goog here:

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UT...study&sa=Search#q=new+marijuana+study&spell=1

PLEASE forward to your family and friends... if they still have the capacity to process logic... just saying.

R