• I look at the Cue Ball last

Votes: 33 15.0%
  • I look at the Object Ball last

Votes: 187 85.0%

• Total voters

railbird99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick-Quick poll: do you look at the golf ball last or the flag on the green last when you make a golf swing?:grin:

The golf ball is at your feet, not in your line of sight, meaning you can't aim the golf ball like you can the cue ball, and although making the golf ball in the hole from 200+ yards away would be nice, you are really aiming for a fairly large area. In pool, there is no margin of error. You have hit an exact spot on the object ball.

This has all been explained in depth earlier in the post, if you care to go back and read everything.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, at least you answered the question ..... over 1800 members viewed this poll and less than 10% cared to take the time to participate. Any member interested in this has gotten robbed out of over90% of the players position.

These 90% + have no problem taking the time to click on the thread to view the results, but couldn't take the time to contribute by clicking a freaking choice.

Wonder if this says more about pool players than meets the eye?[/QUOTE

Maybe you should of had at least one more option for the poll.....:yeah:

mojoatomic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Posed a similar question to my old man about 30 years ago..... "Do you inhale or exhale before the stroke?" After he wacked me, he made me carry his cubs and mine! :)

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Definitely the object ball. If you trust your stroke, no reason to look at cue ball after the initial setup.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Usually, I look at the ob last, or when I'm running balls I may do a little of both, but the other night I happened to be down on a shot when the last thing I looked at was the girl playing on the next table who was also down on a shot.
The reason I say it was the last thing is because her boyfriend caught me and punched out my headlamps.
I'm thinking about getting one of those senile dogs, I think they call them, although I don't know why anyone would want a dog with a bad attitude. :smile:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Sometimes I look at my watch....
...yep, going broke in less than three hours again...:yeah:

:crying:

MalibuMike

Banned
Cue Ball latley!

About a month ago I took a lesson from one of my favorite pool players, Oscar Dominguez, one of the nicest guys in pool and doesn't mind giving mediocre players like me lessons. He taught me an awesome aiming system, and helped me to let my stroke out more, Ron Rosas had me doing tons of these short punch strokes. Anyway, toward the end of the lesson Oscar asks me which ball I look at when I hit and I said the OB, I had never heard anything about hitting the CB first. At first it felt very awkward. Oscar told me I get down on my line correct, just lock that in ad concentrate on the CB. My stroke has definitely improved. As well as my CB position, it seems like I have more feel too. Although I must say on some long shots I tend to rattle the ball, but these are on Hard Times Bellflower tight pockets. And his aiming system works best when looking at the cue ball, its basically the ghost ball point, but if he is cutting the ball to the left, he lines up the left side of his tip to that GB mark and then moves his tip to just about anywhere on the Cue ball to get the needed English. It works amazing for me anyways, also looking at the cue ball last has cured some bad habits, like rushing shots or popping up, or using body English to steer the ball in...
I am much more consistent and as my stroke improves I think those long shots will come, also to follow through a little more I just do not choke up so far on my cue, its a little back from 90 degrees when I strike the ball.
My friends all said, "Oscar is goofing you dude! Nobody shoots like that!" The I asked my friend Santos who also plays at Hard Times and he told me that he also looks at the CB last. so that's good enough for me! Still I am happy to find this thread here!

Attachments

• st83.jpg
    st83.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 89

MalibuMike

Banned
People get mad about this!

Frankly, if I see another "OB/CB Last" poll, I might not vote again either.

Instead of being an intelligent exchange of ideas and options, this turned into a "oh man, you're obviously stupid" religious war. Next time, I'll pass.

As I was telling my friends Both Oscar and Santos told me CB Last, they were saying things like, "They were putting you on! No one looks at the cue ball!" And they even went on youtube but you can't really tell they could be focused on either. I know Oscar and he was telling me the truth, and Santos has no reason to lie to me, I did a huge KofC billiards Benefit for the Philippines! But my friends got hostile about it! even now they constantly ask me and I say oh the OB, just to shut them up. but now they see I am shooting much better then they are lately and they are upset.

Attachments

• Efren.jpg
    Efren.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 132

Brozif

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always looked at the OB last. Except when jumping, or doing a masse shot. I'm always trying to improve and have never even given a thought about looking at the CB last, but will test it out. In theory, since I am used to looking at the OB last and trusting that I will hit the CB accurately, if I get proficient enough doing it the opposite way, I should be able to line myself up and shoot with my eyes closed. Right?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The more I think about...when I'm having a good day...I'm seeing both balls when I pull
the trigger.

MalibuMike

Banned
I know what you mean..

The more I think about...when I'm having a good day...I'm seeing both balls when I pull
the trigger.

Its not like I'm standing there staring at the cue ball, I'm over my cue, shifting focus back and forth very quickly, but when I "pull the trigger" my eyes shift down to the cue ball, sometimes its so fast it seems like I am seeing them both at the same time and yes that is when I am shooting my best as well, it becomes unconscious after awhile, once it becomes embedded in your PSR you really don't think about it all that much. on long cut shots I still tend to look at the OB... Its such a sore spot with folks. I can defiantly say everyone should try it as it helped my stroke and bad habits so much, I am much more aware of my hit, English and throw from looking at the CB last, you can always go back to OB last...