Question about the height of paneling around a pool table?

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So on a pool table you have the rail and then right behind the rail you have paneling and then behind that you have a metal trim. On the paneling I'm wondering should that be below the rail? Should it be above the rail? Or how should the paneling fit with the rail? I ran into one Valley table that the paneling was mostly above the rail. But then another one it was kind of above and below. so I'm curious where it should be at.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So on a pool table you have the rail and then right behind the rail you have paneling and then behind that you have a metal trim. On the paneling I'm wondering should that be below the rail? Should it be above the rail? Or how should the paneling fit with the rail? I ran into one Valley table that the paneling was mostly above the rail. But then another one it was kind of above and below. so I'm curious where it should be at.
I’ve never heard of a rail top being referred to as paneling.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

It has become obvious to me that this dude's posts are not just due to idiocy, but rather they are intentional trolling for no other purpose than to try to piss people off because that is where he gets his jollies from. If that is the case it might be time to consider a permanent ban.

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has become obvious to me that this dude's posts are not just due to idiocy, but rather they are intentional trolling for no other purpose than to try to piss people off because that is where he gets his jollies from. If that is the case it might be time to consider a permanent ban.

I think they started sincere, but now he sprinkles a little troll dust now and then.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve never heard of a rail top being referred to as paneling.
Okay so it's referred to as a rail top. I had no idea. And my mind is a panel of wood hence I'm going to call it paneling. And as you can tell by the way I'm describing it I don't know if other people know what I'm talking about. And I'm not sure what I'm talking about either.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm as ignorant as they come at pool. If I worked at a pool Hall or Pool Supply Company you would be upset every time I work there because I would have no idea what I was talking about and you would hate having to deal with me as an employee.