Question for OB cues (This just boggles the mind)

edep12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!

It's surprising how many of the responses hit the nail on the head.

We struggled pretty hard on this one, and chose to offer them only with our break cue.

We definitely felt that the package performed better than just the shaft on other break cue handles.

Another pretty big consideration was the number of shafts we already commit to build. If you add up all the standard and specialty joints we offer, the list is 31. Keep in mind that we have to build all those joints in each of 6 current shaft models. Now double that for 30" models, and you have 372 different part numbers. We just didn't want to add any more to that.

Also, if you go back and look at the older break shaft sales, they weren't quite what we had expected. Maybe that's why our primary competitors don't offer them either.

Jmurphy, I hope you understand. It's really just a numbers thing.

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

You can buy just break shafts from Mezz. Albeit only in the joint size to match their butts, but still available as an option.

http://mezzcues.us/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8&zenid=6aab104f794a64d3e50c6eea8399bc9c

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup:

I'm happy that OB doesn't sell just the break shaft.

My break shaft business has been good!

Thank you!

:wave:

Lou Bones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just purchased a Rift, and I have to say you can tell that it is an entire package deal. The butt of the cue is extremely different than probably any cue I have owned, it does a great job breaking as a whole. I did put the shaft on another butt and it just didn't do as well.

This is good to know. Thank you for posting this.