Question on bank shots and CIT

I played Vernon Elliott for 12 straight hours in Indianapolis Indiana at Tommy Statton's bar when I was 19. I had no idea who he was, but I quickly saw him use a style I was unfamiliar with and I had played and seen many of the top players including Sigel, Strickland, Hopkins, McCready, Hall, etc.

Vernon had a very powerful game and didn't spin the cue ball, but seemed to "stun, kill, and hold" the ball with incredible accuracy. This style was very intimidating and I set out to Incorporate as much of it as I could. I then ran with other players that used this style like "Omaho John",and "JR Weldon" who were also top notch "money players". This technique enabled me to win against any player on their "home table" and that's what I specialized in.

I've shown and told about how this style is used and many people have caught on, but it is advanced and takes practice. It takes 3 straight hours of experimenting before someone's mind will start to "real eyes" the benefits of playing like Vernon or myself....many people won't spend that much time with something totally unfamiliar like the 'Touch of Inside' (TOI) and I have grown to understand why. With new learning comes new responsibility, so it's not for everyone. 'The Game Will Be Your Teacher'

Thanks for the reply...

I wish I could pick Vernon's brain right now on some of the stuff he told me.

I will have to check out some of your stuff. I have not looked up anything at all on TOI and have a tough time grasping the concept without spending some time learning it.
 
Pool is all about creating angles, and that's true with ALL shots

Thanks for the reply...

I wish I could pick Vernon's brain right now on some of the stuff he told me.

I will have to check out some of your stuff. I have not looked up anything at all on TOI and have a tough time grasping the concept without spending some time learning it.

My banking system isn't pure TOI, it's a system to create the banking angles by pivoting the cue although it works with a parallel shift using "Inside English" as well.

With the Touch of Inside Technique you're using the inside to change the angle without much spin, with the banking system I show how to make any bank using the pivot system for "outside english" or the TOI shift for inside english......it has some of the same principles as the ball pocketing and will enhance safety and position play as well.

Pool is all about creating angles, and that's true with ALL shots, whether it's ball pocketing, safety play or position zones......every shot is an angle resulting from the relationship between the cue ball and object ball changing and this can all be done by using the TIP. 'The Game is the Teacher'
 
Back
Top