Questions for Cuemakers

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which one should I do, have nipple on shaft insert machined down, or ream the butt of the cue for shaft, and how much will it cost? Will either affect the hit of the cue?

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which one should I do, have nipple on shaft insert machined down, or ream the butt of the cue for shaft, and how much will it cost? Will either affect the hit of the cue?

Please review the 'rules for posting' in this forum.

Dale

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
In answer to your question on how you should proceed,
have the shaft faced with the intent of removing the pilot portion of the insert; just the brass protruding from the shaft.
If you examine the pilot section, you'll likely find that the brass insert of the shaft contacts NOTHING during fit-up.
If it contacts nothing now, it won't be missed.

As to affecting the 'hit' of the cue, lets think on this a sec.
The brass pilot contacts nothing now so how is it contributing TO the 'hit' ? It's not.
Again, it won't be missed.

Dale's post is in regards to 'quoting prices' on the forum. This isn't eBay or an auction site.
You want a price, talk to a CM privately.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In answer to your question on how you should proceed,
have the shaft faced with the intent of removing the pilot portion of the insert; just the brass protruding from the shaft.
If you examine the pilot section, you'll likely find that the brass insert of the shaft contacts NOTHING during fit-up.
If it contacts nothing now, it won't be missed.

As to affecting the 'hit' of the cue, lets think on this a sec.
The brass pilot contacts nothing now so how is it contributing TO the 'hit' ? It's not.
Again, it won't be missed.

Dale's post is in regards to 'quoting prices' on the forum. This isn't eBay or an auction site.
You want a price, talk to a CM privately.

Thanks for the information on the cue, and the information my post wasn't acceptable.

Reactions: JC

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Correct. I've got a couple of non piloted cues I'd like to try the shaft/shafts on.

Most shafts will allow you to face the pilots off flat, but often it will leave a funny looking glue line which makes the insert look off center.