Questions on Diamond "Pro Cut " Tables

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Never played on a brand new one but I’m not sure that matters unless you are thinking wrong setup could cause it. I mean even if you buy a new one it will eventually be used.
But you're assuming the new Diamonds play the same as the old designed use to play, and they don't. Also, humidity, cleanliness, ball conditions, wear on cloth, effects ALL tables, but does NOT reflect the the original build of the tables, that's the influence of the environment the table has been placed in.

But you're assuming the new Diamonds play the same as the old designed use to play, and they don't. Also, humidity, cleanliness, ball conditions, wear on cloth, effects ALL tables, but does NOT reflect the the original build of the tables, that's the influence of the environment the table has been placed in.
I know the new blue label doesn’t play the same. The blue label rails are still bouncier than a gold crown just not as bad as a red label. All of those conditions do effect tables but it doesn’t change that diamonds rails bank short and are bouncy it’s a characteristic of both red and blue labels it’s just less pronounced on a blue label

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I know the new blue label doesn’t play the same. The blue label rails are still bouncier than a gold crown just not as bad as a red label. All of those conditions do effect tables but it doesn’t change that diamonds rails bank short and are bouncy it’s a characteristic of both red and blue labels it’s just less pronounced on a blue label
And yet, you can walk into a pool room with 20 GC's, and they all play different, yet no one complains, why is that? Even GC's can have balls hopping off the rails and banking short, but that's acceptable, because it's still a GC! BUT what you DON'T hear, is the complaints about how the Diamonds bank in the DCC bank pool tournament, with over 500 players! I wonder just how good the players are that complain the most about how Diamonds play!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I could install the Brunswick Superspeed cushions on a 9ft Diamond, and 99 out of a 100 players wouldn't even know the difference, and still think they bank short, that's how much I DO know!!!

And yet, you can walk into a pool room with 20 GC's, and they all play different, yet no one complains, why is that? Even GC's can have balls hopping off the rails and banking short, but that's acceptable, because it's still a GC! BUT what you DON'T hear, is the complaints about how the Diamonds bank in the DCC bank pool tournament, with over 500 players! I wonder just how good the players are that complain the most about how Diamonds play!!!
No it isn’t acceptable probably setup and age on the gold crowns. The properly setup gc with new rails and properly setup diamond the diamond will bank short and be bouncy.

I could install the Brunswick Superspeed cushions on a 9ft Diamond, and 99 out of a 100 players wouldn't even know the difference, and still think they bank short, that's how much I DO know!!!
Why don’t they just put the rubber on them from the factory that doesn’t play like a trampoline ?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why don’t they just put the rubber on them from the factory that doesn’t play like a trampoline ?
Why don't you understand the effects of humidity? Here's a little test I want you to do. Take a bottle of Armor All, spray it on a rag, then wipe the nose of the cushions down, THEN come back and tell me how that Diamond plays short and springy!!!

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think I confirmed what you are saying with a test of both Artemis and Superspeeds and a little ramp to get an accurate ball speed.

Why don't you understand the effects of humidity? Here's a little test I want you to do. Take a bottle of Armor All, spray it on a rag, then wipe the nose of the cushions down, THEN come back and tell me how that Diamond plays short and springy!!!
Are you saying that at setup you could wipe the diamond rubber with armor all and it would fix it permanently ?

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think 7 foot tables diamonds play right.. I think valleys are much worse when it comes to balls bouncing off the rails.

I’ve been on this forum for a long time and it never ceases to amaze me the people that don’t know much about the subject arguing with a guy like real king cobra Who has spent his life building and fixing tables and has an understanding of it that just about no one on this forum has if not the country has. That’s why I have seen pro after pro on here get tired of it a leave … who needs the non sense from the basement champions trying to tell you how they know better lol

I think 7 foot tables diamonds play right.. I think valleys are much worse when it comes to balls bouncing off the rails.

I’ve been on this forum for a long time and it never ceases to amaze me the people that don’t know much about the subject arguing with a guy like real king cobra Who has spent his life building and fixing tables and has an understanding of it that just about no one on this forum has if not the country has. That’s why I have seen pro after pro on here get tired of it a leave … who needs the non sense from the basement champions trying to tell you how they know better lol
I know who he is I’m not arguing with him if you are referring to me. I simply stated my experience I’ve yet to see one that wasnt bouncy compared to other tables. He seems to get on the defense regardless.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
No it isn’t acceptable probably setup and age on the gold crowns. The properly setup gc with new rails and properly setup diamond the diamond will bank short and be bouncy.
I have an old GCI that plays virtually identical to a Diamond. If you believe Diamonds are too "bouncy" you are probably referring to red label Diamonds, it was a big change when Diamond started the blue label spec table.

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member

I’m not referring to anyone here … simply making a statement. Listen to the teacher. Don’t teach them.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Are you saying that at setup you could wipe the diamond rubber with armor all and it would fix it permanently ?
Not the rubber, the cloth. Where the humidity, dirt, cloth wear takes place! The Armor All breaks all the friction by leaving a silicone film, not visible, non transferable on the cloth covering the nose of the cushions, right were the balls come in contact!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I know who he is I’m not arguing with him if you are referring to me. I simply stated my experience I’ve yet to see one that wasnt bouncy compared to other tables. He seems to get on the defense regardless.
Because you're asking questions of Mr about problems I've already solved, and proven to work, like because YOU haven't heard about it, why would you believe it works?!

Because you're asking questions of Mr about problems I've already solved, and proven to work, like because YOU haven't heard about it, why would you believe it works?!
You should chill out. Just because you have solved it doesn’t mean the rest of the people setting these tables know anything about it. My guess is most don’t

realkingcobra

Silver Member
If you know who I am, then you MUST know I've been working with, and helping Diamond with their pool tables, including the redesign of the Blue Label rails in 2010, and as far back as 2000.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You should chill out. Just because you have solved it doesn’t mean the rest of the people setting these tables know anything about it. My guess is most don’t
How many times should I explain myself on AZB? Everytime a new member joins? You just joined in 2022, unless this is a new avatar for you, but you've been on here for a long time! I've BEEN posting on AZB since 2006!