racking

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
so, to avoid doing my work...

i've been watching some of the DCC runs that Dennis has put up. i notice that both Warren Kiamco and Nick van den Berg often swap balls around while racking, and i'm wondering what that's about. it doesn't seem in any way premeditated or have any obvious pattern that i can discern. they don't do it every time, but a good 50% of the time they do.

anyone have insight on this?

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
It could be to eliminate any gaps between the balls in the rack.

so, to avoid doing my work...

i've been watching some of the DCC runs that Dennis has put up. i notice that both Warren Kiamco and Nick van den Berg often swap balls around while racking, and i'm wondering what that's about. it doesn't seem in any way premeditated or have any obvious pattern that i can discern. they don't do it every time, but a good 50% of the time they do.

anyone have insight on this?

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
yes, i thought of that, Tony, and in fact, it's the only thing that really would make sense to me. but the way they're doing it looks too fast for that to be the case.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I were trying to squeeze the last 0.0001% out of the rack, I'd put the light-colored balls on the outside so any early long shot would not be at the 8 or 6. Some players distinguish between stripes/solids as the nine-bangers tend to wear down the solids more than most stripes.