Radial shafts not fitting well on non-predator cues

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own several revo radial shafts and love them even if the hit is nowhere near as satisfying as wood (I play better with carbon fiber and trust me I need all the help I can get)

The revo radial shaft fits perfectly and very tight on the predator roadline LE radial pin cue I own. I can play with this cue extensively and the shaft never comes loose.

The Chris Nitti cue with a radial pin however will screw together but after playing comes loose with the same shaft. I believe they are using the same exact radial pin. In my mind this affects the hit perhaps and is slightly annoying.

What is the solution?

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Steve Titus butt that uses the (I think) Predator pin and all three Revo shafts come loose. My Coos Cue radial butt the Revo never comes loose.

Nyquil

I own several revo radial shafts and love them even if the hit is nowhere near as satisfying as wood (I play better with carbon fiber and trust me I need all the help I can get)

The revo radial shaft fits perfectly and very tight on the predator roadline LE radial pin cue I own. I can play with this cue extensively and the shaft never comes loose.

The Chris Nitti cue with a radial pin however will screw together but after playing comes loose with the same shaft. I believe they are using the same exact radial pin. In my mind this affects the hit perhaps and is slightly annoying.

What is the solution?
Does your radial pin on your nitti have the same uniloc logo on it like the predator does? There is radial and uni loc radial from what I have read.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does your radial pin on your nitti have the same uniloc logo on it like the predator does? There is radial and uni loc radial from what I have read.
Uniloc R's are the real deal. There are non-Uni radial pins. Not all are exactly alike.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Uniloc R's are the real deal. There are non-Uni radial pins. Not all are exactly alike.
If i remember correctly the uniloc is a patented/copyright joint. The company charges more for the joint pins, or they dont share the pin with others. Without the "official" pin it wont fit as exact. You can machine replica's but they wont be exactly the same as the production pins.

I believe i read that in the cue makers forum years ago. Someone can correct me if i am miss-remembering.

DeeDeeCues

Almost two hundred years ago manufacturing was revolutionized due to standards in thread cutting. In the past twenty years cue makers decided to crap all over those standards and this is what we get.

People with no knowledge of how and why screws work shouldn't be creating new thread profiles. Stroud and mezz are two of the worst.

It skid

What is the solution?
Hi maxeypad2007, can you do another test, Jacoby cues are pretty common and they come with the Radial pin, try to find one and try the shaft on a Jacoby cue butt

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Almost two hundred years ago manufacturing was revolutionized due to standards in thread cutting. In the past twenty years cue makers decided to crap all over those standards and this is what we get.

People with no knowledge of how and why screws work shouldn't be creating new thread profiles. Stroud and mezz are two of the worst.
If the pin is a real Uniloc version and hole is drilled/tapped properly the Radial is a great joint. Had a few and never had an issue. Some makers just want to save a few bucks and opt for some el chepo-depot import ko radial.

kris

Hi maxeypad2007, can you do another test, Jacoby cues are pretty common and they come with the Radial pin, try to find one and try the shaft on a Jacoby cue butt
Predator Revo shaft will not fit Jacoby butt with radial pin, unless specifically ordered.
Works the other way round though.

Juan A

Registered
Predator Revo shaft will not fit Jacoby butt with radial pin, unless specifically ordered.
Works the other way round though.
This is not accurate. I just purchased a Jacoby HB2 and both my Radial Revos fit perfectly, and do not come loose. My Radial OB Curly, and Tiger LD Radial shaft all fit the Jacoby fine.

It skid

This is not accurate. I just purchased a Jacoby HB2 and both my Radial Revos fit perfectly, and do not come loose. My Radial OB Curly, and Tiger LD Radial shaft all fit the Jacoby fine.
Did not work for a teammate. The radial Revo did not go on the Jacoby butt without a fight.

TrxR

I heard that Jacoby makes some of the Predator cue butts, so i would assume they use the same radial pin. I forget where i read that.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow, this thread hits home for me right now.....

I fell in love with a jacoby cue and bought it from seyberts on black Friday. I wanted to pair it with a revo radial shaft that I got a good deal on elsewhere (brand new).

So my cue was delivered to me yesterday and I was really disappointed that the revo wouldn't even screw onto the butt, it was really tight and could only get it about 1/4" away from the butt. I also noticed the joint diameters are different. the Jacoby is .847 and the revo is .840.

I contacted seyberts and advised them of the issue and they asked me to send the Revo shaft and the butt of the cue to them and they will modify the threads on the revo to make it fit. I don't think they can do anything about the joint diameters mismatching, but I can live with that since i like the cue so much. I am assuming all they have to do is run a slightly larger tap down the Revo to make it fit.

I was kind of surprised that it didn't fit since jacoby and predator state they use true Uni-Loc pins and that they have recently collaborated on some cues together.

Anyways, I sent my cue / shaft back to seyberts today and they are going to make it right, I can't say enough good about seyberts customer service, they were extremely quick to respond and are only asking that I pay shipping for them to modify the shaft to work with the cue.