Raffle Pricing Question

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey Everybody...

I truly loathe having to ask a question like this but I really don't know what other options I have.

I'm considering raffling my Ariel cue, but I don't have a good idea of the price. I did an exchange of services so to speak to receive this cue and I'm the only owner, so I don't have any idea what it's worth.

The cue is as shown. Probably ~20 hours or so of play. Like new condition. I don't know the exact specs here at work but I doubt that affects the price significantly. Please be honest. Hopefully Martin or Kenny Koo chime in as I know they know Ariel's cue pricing well.

All ebony and ivory (except ferrule) 58", 1 shaft at 13mm.
Thanks peeps.

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

mooseman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'd say it's worth at least $10. So I will offer you $10. Since I don't trust shipping services I would hope you deliver to NM......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To be honest what a great looking cue. I don't have a clue on the value.....

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I could look in the Blue Book to give a rough idea but probably the best thing to do would be to drop and e-mail to Ariel and ask what it would cost to make this cue today, then cut a few hundred off of it for being used.

That is one really nice looking cue. I'll be honest and say that I've never been a fan of Ariel cues but that one is bad to the bone.
MULLY
does it play as well as it looks? Why are you getting rid of it?

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
mullyman said:
I could look in the Blue Book to give a rough idea but probably the best thing to do would be to drop and e-mail to Ariel and ask what it would cost to make this cue today, then cut a few hundred off of it for being used.

That is one really nice looking cue. I'll be honest and say that I've never been a fan of Ariel cues but that one is bad to the bone.
MULLY
does it play as well as it looks? Why are you getting rid of it?

Mully,

The hit of Ariel's cues is well documented here from players far more qualified than myself. :) Of course the balance, hit and feel are wonderful for me.

Quite simply I do not feel comfortable playing with an expensive cue and I would rather allocate the funds elsewhere in my interests. I love playing with plain janes I don't fret over.

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
323   0   0
Give folks a good chance at a GOOD VALUE!?

James said:
Mully,

The hit of Ariel's cues is well documented here from players far more qualified than myself. :) Of course the balance, hit and feel are wonderful for me.

Quite simply I do not feel comfortable playing with an expensive cue and I would rather allocate the funds elsewhere in my interests. I love playing with plain janes I don't fret over.

Hi Mully,

Based upon your posts here I would guess that you are a reasonable fellow....so, I would suggest to you that you take a look at the price you paid and consider if that was good/bad/or indifferent......based upon that reflection -- take your best guess at the value of the cue, divide it by 42 and then proceed to put up the auction!?!?

I will tell you that I feel that the 2 for 1 choice seems to have an attraction....being that if I pay you $20 I get two numbers out of the 42, which for the time being is the standard draw via the POWERBALL.

Best of Luck for You & the Raffle,

Ken :)

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
352   0   0
The cue would be about $1850.00 new with 2 shafts. Ariel isn't doing those inlayed ivory french diamond rings on lower priced cues anymore. Martin

James said:
Hey Everybody...

I truly loathe having to ask a question like this but I really don't know what other options I have.

I'm considering raffling my Ariel cue, but I don't have a good idea of the price. I did an exchange of services so to speak to receive this cue and I'm the only owner, so I don't have any idea what it's worth.

The cue is as shown. Probably ~20 hours or so of play. Like new condition. I don't know the exact specs here at work but I doubt that affects the price significantly. Please be honest. Hopefully Martin or Kenny Koo chime in as I know they know Ariel's cue pricing well.

All ebony and ivory (except ferrule) 58", 1 shaft at 13mm.
Thanks peeps.

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

IMG_3668.jpg

IMG_3669.jpg

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
krbsailing said:
Hi Mully,

Based upon your posts here I would guess that you are a reasonable fellow....so, I would suggest to you that you take a look at the price you paid and consider if that was good/bad/or indifferent......based upon that reflection -- take your best guess at the value of the cue, divide it by 42 and then proceed to put up the auction!?!?

I will tell you that I feel that the 2 for 1 choice seems to have an attraction....being that if I pay you $20 I get two numbers out of the 42, which for the time being is the standard draw via the POWERBALL.

Best of Luck for You & the Raffle,

Ken :)

Thanks, Ken.....but it's not my auction. hehehe!! I think you got me mixed up with the original poster. It's all good, I'm sure he took your advice. Hehe!!
MULLY

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
jazznpool said:
The cue would be about $1850.00 new with 2 shafts. Ariel isn't doing those inlayed ivory french diamond rings on lower priced cues anymore. Martin

There ya go. If that cue is 1850 new I would probably drop it to about 1500. But that's just me. The price you set it at is entirely up to you and I won't have an opinion one way or the other. I'm only saying what I would do if it was mine.

Now, again, that is one sharp looking cue you have there. You'd never get that for 1850 from a bigger name maker like Gina, Mottey, etc.... Good luck with the raffle.
MULLY