Rare OBCue For Sale--Will be a collectors item.

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an OBCue that I used for a few months before I switched over to a Poison Cue. I am considering selling it because I'm not using it at all but it's a rare cue so I think it's going to be worth something down the road. I only used it briefly so it's still in great condition.

This is a 308-1 series OBCue. They do not make these anymore. They now sell the 308-2 series which has a slightly different design where the points are. This cue was from the very first batch of cues that OBCues ever made. They only made 20 like it before they switched over to the 308-2 series design. It retailed for $813 when it came out. If someone is willing to pay around the original retail price I will probably be willing to sell it, would probably be good for someone that collects cues. But otherwise I'll just hold onto it. If anyone is interested make me an offer.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.1%
31   1   2
I got the same cue at Valley Forge from John Allen and John Schmidt. It retailed then at 850.00 and was selling for 650.00.

They told me right then and there to hold on to this cue because they were changing the design of it.

In all honesty though Im not sure how rare this cue is. Not sure how many were made.

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the same cue at Valley Forge from John Allen and John Schmidt. It retailed then at 850.00 and was selling for 650.00.

They told me right then and there to hold on to this cue because they were changing the design of it.

In all honesty though Im not sure how rare this cue is. Not sure how many were made.

I just recently asked Royce from OBCues about the cue and he told me that they only made 20. Valley Forge last year was right around the time that it came out so you did get one from the very first batch. So I'm sure some people have this cue, but there can't be more than 20 that do. I made sure to ask them directly about it before posting this.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.1%
31   1   2
Guys let me tell you this is an every day player for me and I hope that Chris gets everything he deserves for the cue. BUMP for a great cue.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I believe Valley Forge was the coming out party for the ob1 cues. There essentially made by Joss I believe. This one was my favorite.

Bump

a9ballbr8k

Don't anger my stakehorse
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I believe Valley Forge was the coming out party for the ob1 cues. There essentially made by Joss I believe. This one was my favorite.

Bump
ROFLMAO I believe you meant "unveiling" but damn I got a good laugh out of that one. Free bump. Hehe.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This is the one I liked when they first came out....someone will enjoy this cue. And don't believe any rumors you might have heard from the bar table championships about Cris and cute furry critters and her distaste for them!! ;):D Just kidding Cris. (inside joke from a TAR stream).

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the one I liked when they first came out....someone will enjoy this cue. And don't believe any rumors you might have heard from the bar table championships about Cris and cute furry critters and her distaste for them!! ;):D Just kidding Cris. (inside joke from a TAR stream).

haha...thanks for helping stop that rumor :) I gave up fighting it already.

RBC

Deceased
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Christina is correct, this cue is one of 20.

In another post I mistakenly said they were one of 10, but she is correct. We had 20 made each of the 308-1, and the 408-1. You can always tell them from the current models by the lack of inlays at the base of the points.

For those who asked, yes they are made to our specs by Joss cues in Maryland. All OB Cues products are 100% made in the USA! The only exception to that will be joint protectors that we should have available soon. Pretty much all the joint protectors we found were all made overseas.

Thanks!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

robert4fun0058

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I really like your cue, I own a 408, but I contacted OB to inquire about such a thing (308-1 limited edition), and this cue (308) is available everywhere, in large numbers, and it sells for between $600-$650 with a retail of just over $800. Bare in mind, this is what I was told. They made a small amount of them in the beginning to see how they would sell, and Joss made the butts for them then and now, as with the rest of the line. There are ton 308s out there and they all have the same design and same points. I only inquired because I own a lot of OB products and I was curious. Their was a small limit to see if it would sell, and it did, so the exact cue was made in mass production according to OB, they simply made more of them after a trial. I wanted to make you an offer, but a retail offer on a cue I can get anywhere for $600-$650 is not going to happen...unless you confirm this, and you are welcome to, and lower your price accordingly. The only reason I asked OB in the first place was to find out if their was a limited run of the 308 and possibly the 408, but that never happened. If you adjust your price after checking for yourself, I would be interested. My 408 was made in small numbers at first and after it sold, it went into large production with no change too. Good luck on the tables. Rob