Ready to buy the best 9 foot table

goldball

Registered
Somewhere there is a thread which included a comment that Diamond was trying to buy the process from their former supplier - dying the wood and impregnating it with resin using a vacuum bagging process, so they could take it to another supplier,

Diamond has some black topping on some tables used at a tournament. Comments posted here indicated that it showed chalk and finger prints - not a rave review.

Gabriels uses Dianite rails - prsumably similar to Diamond's offerings
http://www.loontjensbilliards.com/gabriels-sentinel-dianite

The Sentinel was also on my short list, they have 10 foot table as well, but with the weaker aussie dollar and shipping costs from Asia (they told me thats the closest distributor) it was too expensive.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a thought you may have not considered Diamond will build you a table with any wood they have, for just a few hundred extra. There have been some unique looking ones posted over the years here. One I remember was 2 tone half maple and half dark colored wood (maybe walnut?). It was a looker for sure.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somewhere there is a thread which included a comment that Diamond was trying to buy the process from their former supplier - dying the wood and impregnating it with resin using a vacuum bagging process, so they could take it to another supplier,

Diamond has some black topping on some tables used at a tournament. Comments posted here indicated that it showed chalk and finger prints - not a rave review.

Here is the thread where I posted photos of the new diamond tables with the pressed paper wood instead of diamond wood.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=386730&page=3

Earlier in the thread, Glenn indicated diamond liked their new process over diamond wood but the visual was clearly different if you compare with the diamond wood table photos posted later in the thread.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is the thread where I posted photos of the new diamond tables with the pressed paper wood instead of diamond wood.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=386730&page=3

Earlier in the thread, Glenn indicated diamond liked their new process over diamond wood but the visual was clearly different if you compare with the diamond wood table photos posted later in the thread.

CK -- Thanks for the reminder on where we read about, and saw, those new black Diamonds. (I spent a lot of hours watching one of those on the Turning Stone stream. :eek:)

goldball

Registered
Just a thought you may have not considered Diamond will build you a table with any wood they have, for just a few hundred extra. There have been some unique looking ones posted over the years here. One I remember was 2 tone half maple and half dark colored wood (maybe walnut?). It was a looker for sure.

I also remember there was that one off cocobolo table, it was beautiful, but I wanted the dymondwood for its advantages and in rosewood it looks pretty good too.

maximillion

justa strokin!
Silver Member
Ive been waiting a couple of months for a table and am being told they are supposed to get their first shipment of new diamond wood in by the end of the month. Im glad I found this post because I thought I was just getting the run around. I hope the new stock is just as good as the old stuff.

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched the only two pool rooms in Woodbridge, VA close over the past year, and will be psyched to not have to drive 30-40 minutes to find a decent place to play. I'll just be able to step up to my own Diamond in my bathrobe and shoot for free until my fingers bleed. :grin-square:

Awesome... Are you actually in DC? I think many people have that as their location but actually live in VA...

I ask because I live in DC and it is quite difficult to find a home large enough that will accommodate a full 9' table.

2strong4u

Banned

They had the "replacement" black Diamonds at Turning Stone. They all had scratches on the rails and every fingerprint would show. That material is not very good for tables.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Awesome... Are you actually in DC? I think many people have that as their location but actually live in VA...

I ask because I live in DC and it is quite difficult to find a home large enough that will accommodate a full 9' table.
No, I'm actually in Woodbridge....I'm putting it in the garage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
As part of the ongoing negotiation strategy...;)...once the wife approved me spending over $6k on a pool table, she couldn't stand to see it just go into a bare garage (she's already given in on having her precious car left in the driveway). So, she's hired a guy to come in and dry-wall/paint the garage and is shopping for shop flooring. At this point, I'll leave well enough alone. :D

Spoke with Diamond yesterday...they're looking at getting their Dymondwood made by a company in Illinois (or Indiana) that makes Dymondwood gunstocks and knife handles. The company had to retool to get forms big enough for pool table rails, and the VP at Diamond is waiting on a sample to approve mass order. Should be any day...

Last edited: