Real Elephant-Pricy but Almost Bullet Proof

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Friend sent me two sample pieces of this unique leather, thought I would post this photos so you all can see it.

Would love to have a 2 x 4 Cue Case made of this stuff.
 

Attachments

  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 554
Damn, almost feel sorry for the elephant..... hope they skinned it when it died from natural causes and not hunting:( I am sure it would make a great case though:rolleyes:
 
trustbran said:
Damn, almost feel sorry for the elephant..... hope they skinned it when it died from natural causes and not hunting:( I am sure it would make a great case though:rolleyes:

Yeah, hopefully after his last set of teeth fell off........

Looks nice though.
 
I had a pair of REAL Elephant Cowboy Boots that were like bullet proof. Buffalo is almost as durable.
 
sadly when elephnats lose their 3rd set of molars they starve to death usually around 45 yrs old in Zimbabwe thats the average, longer in capitivity b/c their diets are different, also longer in Asia,

their skin is useless; unless you find the elephant within 24 hours of its passing-which is very hard to do as their habitat is HUGE, because when they die the enzymes that break down the connective tissue's ruin the hide and everything else. when we harvest a elephnat we skin it with in 12 hours and mus keep it out of the sun if its taken in the morning, if we take it at night were there at day break to skin it.

so all elephant skin/leather is from hunted lelephants it costs about $40/sqft in America-in Africa its very cheap as there is alot of it because most sport hunters dont want it. I have enough to cover a normal sized house in 3 colors-natural gray, balck and a bit of brown. it wears forever, in Zimbabwe they use it as seat covers in their trucks.

i know lots about elephants, they are amazing animals, IMO the most amaizing of all mamels including people.
 
Last edited:
trustbran said:
Hehehe, and some Ivory buttons should set it off:p
mahalo

Lets not forget a bit of rhino horn in the stitching and and for the feet.
 
CocoboloCowboy said:
I had a pair of REAL Elephant Cowboy Boots that were like bullet proof. Buffalo is almost as durable.

I bet they were BIG......

Bullet proof? Why......? Do they shoot them in the ankles?

106831073.jpg
 
Back
Top