Recommendation: Pool Table Light ?

Chalk & Awe

Registered
Hi fellows,

For a home basement 9' pool table what type of pool table light are you recommending?

Thank you in advance,

C&A

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anything that will give you the following:
- Desired Kelvins (temp). I prefer 5000K.
- 20,000 Lumens (total).
- Color Rendering Index (CRI) of 90 or higher.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
This is the one I got and it's awesome. 6' model here, 9 foot diamond table owner.

Last edited:

Badpenguin

I like this one from Lite Systems.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I currently have a Perimeter Led fixture. It's nice. My other light was four 8' LED 5000k lamps with a chrome eggcrate diffuser. Both are very bright. I couldn't complain with either.

The specs listed by rexus31 are accurate. Each light I've had lines up with those specs and have been great.

TrxR

If you go very to youtube and look for josh at amateur pool. He has a video about the perimeter light and also has a discount code for one.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Any light that will not shine the table light into your eyes when seated in a high chair. The rest is up to you.

Chalk & Awe

Registered
Hi fellows,

I notice the WPA regulations for lighting is as follows:

WPA RULE-LIGHT.png

Chalk & Awe

Registered
Hello,

Thank you for your input and sharing your knowledge!

I understand that the 9FT Perimeter Billiard® LED Pool Table Light has the following specifications:

Light output: 17,000 lumens
Color temperature: 5500k
CRI: 85

Similar to @rexus31 suggestion, but not identical. In addition, I understand that the Perimeter comes with a dimmer handset, so no dimmer switch on the wall is required. I will not be using a GO-PRO camera above the pool table, so a perimeter light is not essential. What is better a perimeter light or a light that hangs directly over the table like the Diamond Professional LED Panel Table Light - 9' Foot ?

Thank you fellows,

C&A :)

loggerhead12

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I went a different direction. It was important to me not to interfere with the surround sound setup. The cans are configurable to any temperature and brightness via an app.

1000000873.jpg

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
I like my Littman. It's a quality light with a relatively minimalistic design.
I have one as well. Does not shine in your eyes, very even lighting on the table. They use them for the BCA Nationals in Vegas.

Attachments

• 20230831_094209.jpg
    20230831_094209.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 60

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
I bought a Littman light a month ago. Haven't heard from them since. I sent them a couple of emails asking about the status of my order. No response. Now their website is down so I can't get a phone number.

FrankieD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Littman light a month ago. Haven't heard from them since. I sent them a couple of emails asking about the status of my order. No response. Now their website is down so I can't get a phone number.

When I ordered my Littman it took 6-8 weeks. I will say that communication / customer service about the order was not the greatest, but I have zero regrets on the light. Patience paid off for me.