Reminder Mosconi cup

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a strange opening match...uncharacteristic errors and is just me or does the table and the balls react a bit strange.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robinson looks like you couldn't get a 16 penny nail up his rear...I hope he is not in way over his head here

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Who told the director that its a good idea to put a shouting/yelling angry mob at the background? I understand that they try to emulate the crowd, but that's not emulating the crowd, its just some annoying noise + a guy or a worker who is yelling at the background for his bucket of water or something.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope one of the players scream and shout with teammates. You don't need fans to do that and this tournament is known for it.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interviewing Chris now. Very well spoken dude...His mullet game is weak though. Admits that he, along with everyone else was nervous. Agrees that the Kaci clothing foul was a big turning point...says the table is playing fast.

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very impressive turnaround..... little lucky with that shirt foul, but they were lucky with a few bounces starting with Filler early in the match.

Keep it going !

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Forgettable start for Team USA, but things got interesting in a hurry in the opening five on five match. The general level of play was fairly forgettable, but not unexpected for players that haven't competed this year. The match ended up being a dandy, though, and an unexpected moment of mastery by a Mosconi Cup rookie provided the decisive blow.

Filler fluked bank the six in rack 1, and rightfully apologized to his opponent.

SVB then broke dry but Shaw had to push out. In my opinion, his pushout wasn't very good, leaving a relatively simple and low-risk safety. I was astonished when SVB gave it back, and not surprisingly, Shaw hooked him, won the race to the shot and then ran out.

In rack 3, Ouschan broke dry and left a two way bank for Robinson, which, to his credit, he found. It seemed a free chance to win control of the rack, but Chris hit it too hard, failing to snooker Ouschan on the miss, and Ouschan ran out for 3-0.

Kaci was in the giving mood in rack four, committing a clothing foul as he lined up the six ball, so Thorpe got ball in hand on the six, running out for 3-1. Kaci, I suspect, will get the bridge next time. This seemed to play Team USA back into a match that already looked lost.

In rack 5, the first shot Fedor Gorst ever played at the Mosconi was exceptional, a slight masse to pocket the one ball rail first, but he then missed the long two into half a pocket, giving Corey Deuel an opening, upon which he capitalized, to bring it to 3-2.

Skyler broke wet in rack six, but had to push out. Quite reasonably, he pushed into a tough cross-side bank, predictably given back, and Skyler missed it. Filler had a tough layout and had a bad miss on the six, enabling Skyler to tie up that team match at 3-3, exacting a loud cheer from the non-existent fans.

Shaw broke dry in rack seven, and SVB made quick and efficient work of the rack, giving Team USA its first lead of the team match at 4-3. Well played!

In rack eight, Chris Robinson broke dry but only left a chancy combo. Ouschan missed it, leaving a long kick, which Chris hit fairly well, leaving Ouschan a tricky one ball in which he'd have to develop the two with inside english. Ouschan hit it like a champion, setting up a runout, but Albin missed the five. Mosconi rookie Robinson made a nice five ball, but failed on a six-seven combo, and Alibn also missed a six-seven combo. Then, Robinson made the shot of the match, pocketing a long bank of the six ball, a shot you'd never expect of a Mosconi Cup rookie. This set up the runout that won the match 5-3 and put Team USA ahead 1-0 in the 2020 Mosconi Cup.

Great drama for sure, but hardly great pool.

Last edited:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Team USA SVB and Corey Duel have Disco Inferno as their walk out song. Somewhere someone in a polyester leisure suit smiles.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB makes a ball on the break but the 3 ball is tied up. Not sure what Cory was trying to accomplish, but looks like a shot I would make/miss. 3 ball is still tied up though.

Fedor plays safe, SVB misses the shot on the 2...3 ball still tied up.

Filler makes a nifty shot on the 3 into the side, but they had to play safe on the (not purple) 4.

Cory can't get safe and it could be trouble...NOPE Filler with a miss on what should have been an automatic for him...

Shane makes a razor thin cut into the side, loses the cue and scratches!

5-9 combo for the 2-0 Euro lead