Retapping A Revo Question

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Can someone with first-hand knowledge tell me if I want to retap a Revo to accept a 3/8 10 pin, do I need to get a radial revo or a uniloc revo?

I thought for sure a radial but someone on facebook said they think in order to retap you would need a uniloc so you have the metal insert in place to drill/retap.

Anyone know definitively which Revo is correct to retap to accept a 3/8 10 pin?

thanks,
brian kc

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Radial would be easier.
I did one.
I plugged it up with a threaded phenolic.
Then live threaded it 3/8 10.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Can someone with first-hand knowledge tell me if I want to retap a Revo to accept a 3/8 10 pin, do I need to get a radial revo or a uniloc revo?

I thought for sure a radial but someone on facebook said they think in order to retap you would need a uniloc so you have the metal insert in place to drill/retap.

thanks,
brian kc
Cue guy by me has retapped one for a 3/8 10. He did it with the uniloc model but said it could be done with either.

I have pics of the entire process that I can email you if you want. I don't want to post his work without his permission.

Pooldawg briefly got a few in stock and I picked up a 12.9 uniloc. I'm having him convert it to 5/16 14 thread when it gets here this week.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will email you the pics from his previous conversion. We will also take picks of the entire process for mine too and I can send those when completed next week.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

thanks,
brian kc

Why on Earth would you tap a brass insert to 3/8-10?

(Question aimed at the genius who said drilling/tapping brass is easier than phenolic)

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

thanks,
brian kc

Mr. Drexler, who is close to you, has done the conversion many times.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Thanks for all of the good info guys.

One other thing was brought to my attn by an az'er via pm that is a very important consideration, imo.

He had 2 revos converted, one was a uniloc and the other a radial.

He said both shafts started at 4 oz and after the conversions the radial revo stayed at 4 oz while the uniloc revo ended up at 3.6 oz, this presumably due to the uniloc starting with a metal insert that was drilled out during the process.

Def worth considering, imo.

I'll be looking for a radial Revo.

best,
brian kc