I've just finished viewing Disc II & III.
Disc I is a collection of cut, stun follow, draw, carom and billiard shots as well as CB direction, CB Speed Control, Avoiding scratches and also combinations.
Disc II is about English and Position Control
Disc II is about Safety Play and Strategy.
I believe that the pool world is very fortunate to have had Dr. Dave to pass our way.
What he has created are a collection of virtually every practical shot and position play that most players will ever come to know.
It is the most prolific & concise set of DVD's on pool that I have ever seen.
Dr. Dave's concise, yet clear explanation of each of these shots is surely going to help many beginning and intermediate players. Even an old dog like myself witnessed some shots that I can't wait to go practice and hone my skills even further.
I believe that a beginning player would shorten his learning curve by many years by purchasing this set of DVD's. It could very well be the best product that a beginning player could invest in. The sheer number of shots and explanations are worth the price of the discs. The fact that the information is succinctly designed and portrayed makes VEPS a valuable learning tool.
An intermediate player would find so many useful things in the VEPS discs that even his game will be elevated in a short period of time. I have to add, that these DVD's are not just for beginning players because I know MANY intermediate and even some advanced players that don't know nearly all they think they know (and I'm one of them).
An advanced player, while he would not see a whole lot new, he would be informed or reminded many times over why he missed certain shots in a match and would have a chance to review some of the more unique shots and can learn something new here and there. The fact that the shots are demonstrated at a fast pace which means that the advanced player won't have a whole lot of time to be bored because the shots come one after the other faster than Lou Butera. No one knows it all and I can assure you, that for me, it was time well spent.
JoeyA
Disc I is a collection of cut, stun follow, draw, carom and billiard shots as well as CB direction, CB Speed Control, Avoiding scratches and also combinations.
Disc II is about English and Position Control
Disc II is about Safety Play and Strategy.
I believe that the pool world is very fortunate to have had Dr. Dave to pass our way.
What he has created are a collection of virtually every practical shot and position play that most players will ever come to know.
It is the most prolific & concise set of DVD's on pool that I have ever seen.
Dr. Dave's concise, yet clear explanation of each of these shots is surely going to help many beginning and intermediate players. Even an old dog like myself witnessed some shots that I can't wait to go practice and hone my skills even further.
I believe that a beginning player would shorten his learning curve by many years by purchasing this set of DVD's. It could very well be the best product that a beginning player could invest in. The sheer number of shots and explanations are worth the price of the discs. The fact that the information is succinctly designed and portrayed makes VEPS a valuable learning tool.
An intermediate player would find so many useful things in the VEPS discs that even his game will be elevated in a short period of time. I have to add, that these DVD's are not just for beginning players because I know MANY intermediate and even some advanced players that don't know nearly all they think they know (and I'm one of them).
An advanced player, while he would not see a whole lot new, he would be informed or reminded many times over why he missed certain shots in a match and would have a chance to review some of the more unique shots and can learn something new here and there. The fact that the shots are demonstrated at a fast pace which means that the advanced player won't have a whole lot of time to be bored because the shots come one after the other faster than Lou Butera. No one knows it all and I can assure you, that for me, it was time well spent.
JoeyA