Revo size

tim913

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see a lot of players go from their 13 mm wooden shaft to a 12.4 Revo. Why not the 12.9? Is this just a preference thing?

terpdad

Registered
For me, I was using a 12.75 mm & D/N want to go bigger. I like it, but I don't plan to go any smaller in the future.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see a lot of players go from their 13 mm wooden shaft to a 12.4 Revo. Why not the 12.9? Is this just a preference thing?
I use a close bridge and I prefer a larger diameter shaft.

I would stick to something close to what I was already playing with.

Going smaller isn’t all that.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My hands are smaller and i feel more comfortable with the slightly thinner shaft. I tried them both before i bought mine. I was curious about the 11.8 since it came out, but I hate conical taper shafts.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
None of the Revos I have
Are exactly the millimeters advertised
most are a little bigger
Anyone else find this true?

Last edited:

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
None of the Revos I have
Ate exactly the millimeters advertised
most are a little bigger
I had a revo 12.4 and same thing. Truthfully I found most after market shafts are never really the size as advertised. All my 314 shafts have always come bigger but tend to grind down after use.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I learned to play pool with a Z2. I have trouble playing with anything that ISN'T low squirt.

It's ingrained.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
None of the Revos I have
Are exactly the millimeters advertised
most are a little bigger
I've had two 11.8mm Revos - one white vault plate and one black vault plate. Both miked out exactly at 12mm. The black VP is my current shooter and the 12mm is not an issue. I used to shoot with the Z3 as I have short fingers and it allowed an easier closed bridge for me. When the Revo's first came out I started using the 12.4mm. They were all black vault plates at first and I immediately got used to and like the absence of the white vault plate / ferrule. I believe that first Revo was a true 12.4mm.