Reyes vs Feijen 2001

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Japan 9 ball championship. In the hour and a half video Allen Hopkins called him Efrem about 400 times. I had to turn the sound off. Fer Chrisakes, you're a professional announcer. The least you could do is learn the contenders names.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alot of the older guys seem to do this; buddy, billy, danny, allen, siegel, etc. Also drive me a little nuts

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
Japan 9 ball championship. In the hour and a half video Allen Hopkins called him Efrem about 400 times. I had to turn the sound off. Fer Chrisakes, you're a professional announcer. The least you could do is learn the contenders names.

Cool story bro.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's really funny.He should have learned his name.Well,the name at least.
By the way I was playing that tournament myself and lost to Cin Suang Jang,sorry,Chin Shun Yang:smile::p:smile:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
You should listen to Hopkins commentary on the Challenge of Champions when he called Fong Pang Chao "Fang Pi."

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

That's what the Americans all called him in the 80s, someone misheard it, then everyone said that, took years to be corrected.

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted this same thing a month ago, and trolls and haters flocked!

I'm shocked! The reason it bugs me so much is that the guy deserves respect and as a "professional" announcer, the least Hopkins could do was learn his actual name.