Rich cue ID

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Pictures of an old Rich catalog I found on my computer. I'm guessing mid 1960's.

Attachments

• RichQ1.jpg
    RichQ1.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 258
  • RichQ2.jpg
    RichQ2.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 257
  • RichQ3.jpg
    RichQ3.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 248
  • RichQ4.jpg
    RichQ4.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Found it.

1979 Billiards Digest ad.

Model 28-143 El Toro

Looks like top cue in the line.

s-l1600.jpg

You can see they are Imperial cues, and the factory is listed in New Jersey.

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
when they were made in n.y. they were one of the few custom cuemakers. but their cues were never very good and palmer got all the business after frank paradice died.

David Sorensen

when they were made in n.y. they were one of the few custom cuemakers. but their cues were never very good and palmer got all the business after frank paradice died.
I think that was his relative Abe split off & made cues in Miami (hall of famer as well):later the name changed to Star cues ….

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Here's a 76w I have...

I was in the process of rewrapping it when I noticed it actually has a nicely figured tiger maple handlr and I decided to make it a wrapless. I still need to refinish it and do some stuff, but I loved the way this cue played and I hit with it for a couple of decades.

Jaden

Funny story about how I ended up with it. Back in the day, I ran my buddy's pool hall and we would go around and buy tables and refurbish them and sell them. We came across this guy in Beverly Hills who was going through a divorce and selling all his stuff. He had 3 identical cues to this one, and a turn of the century Brunswick 9 footer, with the sloping fully inlayed legs (can't remember the model), ONE PIECE, 2" SLATE. Took 8 of us to move the fucker. We got the 3 cues and the table for $2500. This was in 95? ish. Ended up selling the table alone for $13000, today it would go for 25 or 30K easy. One of the cues ended up getting stolen with the rest of the cues in our pool hall (Tommy Baker was the guy who ended up with it, not saying he stole it, but....) and one of them we ended up cutting down to a jump cue after Scott (owner) tried to immitate me spinning it around like a staff and it fell out of his hands and split at the handle and forearm.

I really wanted to get that jump cue to have a matching set for this cue, but after Scott moved to Colorado, we lost touch.

Attachments

• richq3.jpg
    richq3.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 99
  • richq2.jpg
    richq2.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 100
  • richq1.jpg
    richq1.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

David Sorensen

NO LONGER FOR SALE

Slightly different pin and logo. This cue is awesome. Honestly this is on par with or better playing than a great playing Scruggs I had.
jn6rach.jpg

6QxTL8U.jpg
So your cue is a Sol Richmade cue 🤔 I have a NOS 2 piece made with Brazilian rosewood with mop inlaid dots fore & aft of the linen wrap & has no points that has the same RICH logo…. Dead straight anyway it’s rolled , no condition issues , very solid hitting cue … if interested let me know 👍✌️😎🇺🇸🇳🇴🇺🇦

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 56
Last edited: