Richard Black Enzo Cue!!!

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
Very cool cue . I wonder if Ferrari granted permission for the use of their Trademark .

FSutton

Full Rack Banks only!
Silver Member
Art doesn't need permission otherwise Campbells would have sued the hell out of Andy Warhol. :)

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I HATE IT!!!

But only because I hate Ferarri...

Good looking cue though, minus that dancing donky. Great work as usual from Mr. Black.

I would be interested to know what Ferarri thinks. The get very testy about duplicating their images and what not.

best,

Justin

Last edited:

Thomas Wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are at least a half-dozen aspects to what we designed that legally preclude Ferrari from successfully taking any legal action. Most importantly, we did not actually replicate any specific trademark.

That said, I'd LOVE it if Ferrari filed some sort of action. Before a judge threw it out of court on the basis of preliminary motions it would be GREAT publicity for the high-end custom cue business.

TW

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
So this thread got me looking at the Ferrari logo and I did notice that the horse in the steering wheel inlay is way different than the one on the Ferrari logo itself.

Then, just a little bit ago I was walking by a Porsche Carrera and I noticed the logo had a horse in it that is really similar to the Ferrari horse.

I wonder what the story is on this if there is one?

Found this - seems plausible "The Porsche horse logo comes from the city of Stuttgart which takes its name from the word stuotgarten which means stud farm, the horse also refers to forward thrust.

The prancing horse of Ferrari was originally the personal emblem of Francesco Barracca, an italian fighter pilot during WW1 tho the horse has been changed slightly."

th

Oh and my only comment on the trademark/trade dress thing is that I wouldn't want to be the one getting sued over it. Thomas is probably right that it would generate some publicity but he might not be right about there being no infringement. Anyway I think it's one of those things where Ferrari would probably look the other way anyway and not worry about it. When it's art there is a certain amount of leeway that brands allow at their discretion.

Last edited:

thepavlos

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really like the way they used tire tread as the joint work. Are those individual inlays or engraving?
Great work!!
How does the owner like the hit:thumbup:
Paul

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I HATE IT!!!

But only because I hate Ferarri...

Good looking cue though, minus that dancing donky. Great work as usual from Mr. Black.

I would be interested to know what Ferarri thinks. The get very testy about duplicating their images and what not.

best,

Justin
Not enough points!!!!

Ferrari has WAY more points!

Scott

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the way they used tire tread as the joint work. Are those individual inlays or engraving?
Great work!!
How does the owner like the hit:thumbup:
Paul

Like Paul, I love those tire tread for the rings.

Scott <<== copying Paul