Richard Black

Stew boo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the opportunity to purchase this cue and was wondering if anyone can tell if it's authentic and if so what the approximate value is. I don't have any specs as of yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426_123410_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240426_123410_Facebook.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot_20240426_123417_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240426_123417_Facebook.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 246

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
It's a nice cue. I believe Richard made this cue as a sort of "catalog cue" type deal. He would make the cues for the poolrooms (Dilworth Billiards in this case), and the poolrooms would later sell them to customers at retail. It's so hard to assign value to anything. For me personally, I wouldn't pay more than say $2300 depending on the shaft diameters and over all condition of the cue. If it's got skinny shafts I personally wouldn't go over $1800.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is an RB signature- same as on my RB cue. the stitch ring work on the joints is the same as some other RB cues like his Split Diamond model. If reasonably straight, between 18.5 an 20 ounces . Shafts of at least 12mm and a good finish on the cue- I would say $2000 to $2500

Last edited:

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a friend who lives in Charlotte who used to hang out at Dilworth back in the day.

Stew boo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info everyone. The seller had it listed on Marketplace for $1500 but he stopped answering my messages so I guess he sold it to someone else. Oh well.

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1500 was a good deal. Like others have said, 2 to 2.5k depending on condition, shaft diameter and straightness.