ridgeback rails versus other rails

gambler67

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
wondering if much difference between ridgeback rails for valley tables or other rails on the market, somebody on ebay told me the ridgeback rails people stole his idea so I don't know?

cnyncrvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wondering if much difference between ridgeback rails for valley tables or other rails on the market, somebody on ebay told me the ridgeback rails people stole his idea so I don't know?

Ridgebacks are the best rails I have installed, or played with on a valley, Dynamo, Global, or Murrey table. They play the most consistent and the craftsmanship and quality is top notch.

Here is an older thread about them.
https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=181014

As far as the idea that Kerry the owner of ridgeback rails stole someones idea......Well I highly doubt that, Glen AKA RKC either Designed or helped Kerry design ridgeback rails at least ten years ago that I know of. Glen was making one off sets of rails for coin operated tables he was working on back in the 80's. As I have seen some other company's or individuals copy the design of the ridgebacks I would say that they stole Kerry's idea...And I specifically know of one major company that constantly tries to bash ridgeback and say that they are a gimack or dont play right....but in a head to head rail comparison ridgebacks blow every other rail out of the water.

gambler67

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
thanks for your response i'm guessing the person on Ebay was one of the bashers

gambler67

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
New message from: pengamus (3,627Red Star)
NO! That Ridgeback stuff is a copy of ours. Not the same at all

cnyncrvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New message from: pengamus (3,627Red Star)
NO! That Ridgeback stuff is a copy of ours. Not the same at all

Yeah that is exactly who I suspected it was..... Lets see if I can get Glen Aka RKC to give this thread and read and comment on it....But if you do a search on here you will find a thread from way back in the way back where Glen announces the pre release of Ridgeback rails to the community and explains how they were created, how they are designed, and why they are far superior to any rail on the market for a coin operated table and especially valley and dynamo tables.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I was building replacement rails for almost all bar tables on the market in Washington State, i think 23 different kinds of tables, back in 1984, before Penguin rails was even in business. I built several thousand sets of replacement rails up until about 2000 or so when i changed direction and started working with Diamond billiards, which was in March 2000. A few years later i met up with Kerry to remove some Diamond pool tables from a bowling alley and take them back to the Diamond factory. A couple of years after that, i offered to help put Kerry in the business of building my King Cobra rails on a partnership business, to which he agreed to, so he built up his shop to get ready for production, and i went down to NM to show Kerry how to build my rails, after which i told Kerry to go ahead and keep my half of the business, and I'd help him promote the rails. He didn't want to call the rails King Cobra rails if i wasn't going to be involved with the rails, so looking at my design of the center ridge down the center of the rails to keep them from splitting if over tightened, so he came up with the name ridgebackrails....the rest is history. So maybe, a more accurate statement would be, maybe Penguin coppied my rails!!