Ring Cutter

CDs cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to set up a Router or Laminate Trimmer to cut rings. I am using a Dremel right now but I want to use KJs blades and arbor. I want to set it up to use it on my Porper B or my metal lathe. I want a way to mount it in my tool post. Is there anyone who makes that mount.
Lee D

Last edited:

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to set up a Router or Laminate Trimmer to cut rings. I am using a Dremel right now but I want to use KJs blades and arbor. I want to set it up to use it on my Porper B or my metal lathe.
Lee D

That's nice and sounds like a good plan but - what's the question?

Dick

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I think he wants to mount his PC router to the Porper cross slide in the same fashion that Hightowers mount works.
If the Porper model B uses 1/4 cutters and similar tool posts the router mount that Chris sells will probably work.
PM Chris, he will be able to tell you yes or no.

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, I can make a router or mount to mount a router horizontally in a Porper or metal lathe tool post.

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
I want to set up a Router or Laminate Trimmer to cut rings. I am using a Dremel right now but I want to use KJs blades and arbor. I want to set it up to use it on my Porper B or my metal lathe. I want a way to mount it in my tool post. Is there anyone who makes that mount.
Lee D

K2cnc also makes mounts for most routers... with that and some angle aluminum...shouldnt be too hard. You could probably fashion your own mount as well...

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
Hope this help......

Lee D
This the first "L" bracket I made for this ring cutter. Maybe this will give you some idea how to make one your self. Go to local Steel yard that sell Aluminum. Look for "L". 1/2" thick is good.
ringcutter001.jpg

ringcutter002.jpg

ringcutter004.jpg

ringcutter003.jpg

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
NICE KK!
But, did you really need that arrow on tape to point towards the chuck?:grin-square:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This the first "L" bracket I made for this ring cutter. Maybe this will give you some idea how to make one your self. Go to local Steel yard that sell Aluminum. Look for "L". 1/2" thick is good.
ringcutter001.jpg

ringcutter002.jpg

ringcutter004.jpg

ringcutter003.jpg

That is a really nice set up. The chips shield is very nice.

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
because you're getting old Dave....

Unfortunately I am getting a little ol.........der.........what was the question again?

Kenny is so safety minded. What happens if you're standing on the other side of the lathe and on becomes no and the arrow of direction is backwards?

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
Unfortunately I am getting a little ol.........der.........what was the question again?

Kenny is so safety minded. What happens if you're standing on the other side of the lathe and on becomes no and the arrow of direction is backwards?

There you go Dave, thinking outside the box again.......:grin-square:

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
That is a really nice set up. The chips shield is very nice.
Thanks Chris. "ALWAYS THINK SAFETY FIRST" when I am working with machinery. :thumbup:

Always good to know direction:p