Ron Haley....????

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just heard that he had a bad stroke and passed. Anyone hear anything?? What a nice guy and true artist.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, he passed away this morning from a bad stroke.
Terrible news. One of the classiest gentlemen I ever met
and an Angel for a wife. Inseparable.
Terrible news. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
😞

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is horrid news. RIP, you've definitely left a mark. Brian.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How sad.

My Haley experience. Got on his list pretty early on. He contacted me but I was quite ill at the time and after explaining it to him and saying just pass up my spot.

He told me if I ever wanted a cue all I had to do was call. No need to do anything else. I thanked him, he wished me well.

I recovered but we never spoke again.

What a class act!

Sorry to have lost such a great person. Our pool world is less without him in it.

My condolences to his family, friends and all that knew him and loved him.

mark smith

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron was my inspiration to start building cues and my mentor for the near 30 years since.

We met when he came to my pool room for a tournament. He saw a I had an engine lathe in the back room and I told him it was for ferrules and tips, his response was "you can do a lot more".

He gave me half splice 4 point with a handle and said see what you can do with that. That started this lifelong obsession I have with tools and wood.

Over the years we spent many hours on the phone and most years he would either call or stop and visit on his way back from the big cue show. Every time Ron showed me one of his latest creations I was in awe. No matter how much I improved my technique and execution the gap between his work and mine always widened.

It saddens me to know that I could and should have spent more time with him.

Condolences to the family and to us all, we miss him already.