Royce Bunnel - RIP

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
This is the worst Thanksgiving week ever.
RIP Royce. Thank you for all your contributions to the pool world and the world as a whole.
You will be severely missed my friend.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'am just shocked, probably like most will be.
I have many great memories of Royce and many great technical discussions. I was blessed to have known Royce. Our thoughts are with his family and the many people he worked with.
Neill Lickfold

tsp&b

Silver Member
Royce was a highly respected member of the pool & billiards community. Many of us have benefited from his advice and knowledge. He was always helpful and respectful of others. He will be deeply missed. Our prayers are with his family.

Todd

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad to hear this. Royce was a very kind and friendly man and has helped me many times over the years with his knowledge.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
OMG
condolences to the family and loved ones
i have bought may ob shafts from him
and we talked many times on the phone
great person
the pool world will surely miss a great one
larry (bbb)

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
Feels like someone socked me in the stomach. He was one of the nicest people I have ever met. Always had time to talk and was very forthcoming with information. Just a genuine and kind man. This is a very sad day..

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feels like someone socked me in the stomach. He was one of the nicest people I have ever met. Always had time to talk and was very forthcoming with information. Just a genuine and kind man. This is a very sad day..

I agree with everything in your post. I just don't have words to say how I feel.

Dick

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is a real shock. My prayers and condolences go out to his family. He was such a good ambassador for our industry.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Royce was one of the greatest spokesmen of this sport. I am truly saddened he will no longer be with us to share his reason and logic.

Last edited:

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Royce

Very shocking news. Royce was always helpful and very forthcoming with technical information and always a voice of reason. My condolences to his family.

Mario

daxe

custom cues & repair
Silver Member
So sorry to hear of his passing my condolances to the family.He made a great product.

Dan Axe

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
It's taken all day to wrap my mind around this news and be able to reply. First, I offer my condolences to his family and anyone that knew him personally. I only dealt with Royce either thru open exchanges here or thru PMs, but it didn't take a lot to know that this man was special. As has been stated, he never seemed to let things get to him when there were opposing and sometimes belligerent opinions being thrown at him, he always retained his composure, and always tried to bring a positive out of a discussion. I do regret not being able to meet him in 2013's APA nationals in Vegas....he had to leave early to get back to Dallas before I could get to the booth... missed him by 4 hrs. The pool world lost a great one this week, way too early. I know there is always a master plan...but why can't the evil, twisted, pain in the azz SOB's of the world go early instead of the best, the kindest, and the brightest?? Sometimes it just don't seem right...:(
Dave