rubber

roberthans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am working on a couple of tables for my house. I am not the caliber of player many on this forum are. This being said- is it worth the extra money for the artimis rubber over the regular rubber?

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am working on a couple of tables for my house. I am not the caliber of player many on this forum are. This being said- is it worth the extra money for the artimis rubber over the regular rubber?

Yes. Artemis should last for decades.
You want rubber that ages uniformly, very slowly.
If it doesn't, the table not be fun to play on and you will have to replace the rubber much more often.
There have been horror tales posted around her of what happens to the cheap stuff.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Yes. Artemis should last for decades.
You want rubber that ages uniformly, very slowly.
If it doesn't, the table not be fun to play on and you will have to replace the rubber much more often.
There have been horror tales posted around her of what happens to the cheap stuff.

This sounds about right.

On a side note, you also want rubber that fits right and is durable enough to not break. Definitely, don't go for the cheap stuff. Personally, I prefer rubber over lambskin.

Eric

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opinion is it depends on the table. Is it a commercial quality table, or a "home style" table? Do you plan on keeping the table or upgrading it at some point?

The Diamond Black cushions are recommend by many of the mechanics here for those not wanting to pay the much higher price of the Artemis. I just played on a GC4 that was redone with the Diamond cushions, and it plays exceptionally well, IMO. Better than the original super speed cushions on the neighboring tables at this pool hall.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

"new rubber" and a "couple of pool tables" don't go hand in hand...as in...what kind of pool tables are you even talking about?...this IS very important information to answer your question;)

Glen

roberthans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tables

I have a Brunswick Narragansett I am restoring for my house. I have a gandy in my shop I may redo the rubber on or I may put in a Liberty V which would also need to be redone. Thank you for the input.