Gold Member
Silver Member
you have included several additions to what i found

1-Ball-2.png
Official One-Pocket Rules
1-Ball-2.png
↑↑

PDF Version HERE

For a complete read of the general One-Pocket rules, go to https://www.onepocket.org/official-one-pocket-rules/
For the record, the following rules apply at this event:
  • 32-player field
  • Double elimination, then Single Elimination for final 8 players.
  • Race to 3
  • Lag for the break
  • Alternate breaks
  • Rack Your Own
  • A Ball on the Break does not count. Breaker rebreaks.
  • Base of Ball behind the headstring
  • No Jump Cues
  • Cue Ball Fouls Only
  • 3-Foul Rule applies
  • Both players cannot have a negative score.
    - For instance, let’s say the score is -2 to 0 and the player with 0 takes a foul. Because both players cannot have a negative score, we add 1 to the -2 score instead of subtracting 1 from the 0 score. The new score will be -1 to 0. This system was used at this year’s Derby City Classic.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
unclear rules create more problems than not.

you lose the game if trying to remove a hanging ball by trying to go off the table.
so if anytime one of those two balls leaves the table you lose the game.
but what defines a hanging ball. is it inside all of the pocket or just near a pocket. so i can knock it off the table if its just near the pocket.
what if i am drawing my cueball trying to make his ball and draw up table and accidentally scoop it off the table, then i lose the game.

and ball on break and scratch is also a re-rack.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I don’t like that last rule. It’s an important move in 1P...sometimes a brotha just has to fly off the table with the CB.

There must be some officials around, give them a towel or a small sheet or something to hold up for safety reasons when this move is necessary ; ) Or someone with a baseball glove if they have quick hands.

8cree

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

you lose the game if trying to remove a hanging ball by trying to go off the table.
but what defines a hanging ball. is it inside all of the pocket or just near a pocket. so i can knock it off the table if its just near the pocket.
what if i am drawing my cueball trying to make his ball and draw up table and accidentally scoop it off the table, then i lose the game.

We all know what shot the rule is in reference too, no need for theatrics. Lol

I'm with sjm, let's get this thing started, spot the ball!

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
onepocket.org now uses the whole ball past the line, not 50/50 base, and the entire cue ball behind the head string, not touching.
Although there are no official WPA rules on One Pocket, general rules and definitions could easily apply. Pretty sad the pool world can not follow the similar guidelines, hence players get lost over the rulings at international events. The thing is, the head string is NOT a part of so-called kitchen. Therefore if an object ball is resting directly on the head string, it is playable (again, that's according to the official general rules of pool)

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although there are no official WPA rules on One Pocket, general rules and definitions could easily apply. Pretty sad the pool world can not follow the similar guidelines, hence players get lost over the rulings at international events. The thing is, the head string is NOT a part of so-called kitchen. Therefore if an object ball is resting directly on the head string, it is playable (again, that's according to the official general rules of pool)
That is true. However without a head string drawn it’s much easier to judge the whole ball without much arguing, unless you have a referee to make that call. They’ll probably have a referee at the tournament, hence using the bass of the ball.

patscue

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member

Only if it is obvious, and we all can tell, that the shooter is intentionally forcing the cue ball off the table.