Gold Member
Silver Member
you have included several additions to what i found

1-Ball-2.png
Official One-Pocket Rules
1-Ball-2.png
↑↑

PDF Version HERE

For a complete read of the general One-Pocket rules, go to https://www.onepocket.org/official-one-pocket-rules/
For the record, the following rules apply at this event:
  • 32-player field
  • Double elimination, then Single Elimination for final 8 players.
  • Race to 3
  • Lag for the break
  • Alternate breaks
  • Rack Your Own
  • A Ball on the Break does not count. Breaker rebreaks.
  • Base of Ball behind the headstring
  • No Jump Cues
  • Cue Ball Fouls Only
  • 3-Foul Rule applies
  • Both players cannot have a negative score.
    - For instance, let’s say the score is -2 to 0 and the player with 0 takes a foul. Because both players cannot have a negative score, we add 1 to the -2 score instead of subtracting 1 from the 0 score. The new score will be -1 to 0. This system was used at this year’s Derby City Classic.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
unclear rules create more problems than not.

you lose the game if trying to remove a hanging ball by trying to go off the table.
so if anytime one of those two balls leaves the table you lose the game.
but what defines a hanging ball. is it inside all of the pocket or just near a pocket. so i can knock it off the table if its just near the pocket.
what if i am drawing my cueball trying to make his ball and draw up table and accidentally scoop it off the table, then i lose the game.

and ball on break and scratch is also a re-rack.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I don’t like that last rule. It’s an important move in 1P...sometimes a brotha just has to fly off the table with the CB.

There must be some officials around, give them a towel or a small sheet or something to hold up for safety reasons when this move is necessary ; ) Or someone with a baseball glove if they have quick hands.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member

you lose the game if trying to remove a hanging ball by trying to go off the table.
but what defines a hanging ball. is it inside all of the pocket or just near a pocket. so i can knock it off the table if its just near the pocket.
what if i am drawing my cueball trying to make his ball and draw up table and accidentally scoop it off the table, then i lose the game.

We all know what shot the rule is in reference too, no need for theatrics. Lol

I'm with sjm, let's get this thing started, spot the ball!

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
onepocket.org now uses the whole ball past the line, not 50/50 base, and the entire cue ball behind the head string, not touching.
Although there are no official WPA rules on One Pocket, general rules and definitions could easily apply. Pretty sad the pool world can not follow the similar guidelines, hence players get lost over the rulings at international events. The thing is, the head string is NOT a part of so-called kitchen. Therefore if an object ball is resting directly on the head string, it is playable (again, that's according to the official general rules of pool)

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although there are no official WPA rules on One Pocket, general rules and definitions could easily apply. Pretty sad the pool world can not follow the similar guidelines, hence players get lost over the rulings at international events. The thing is, the head string is NOT a part of so-called kitchen. Therefore if an object ball is resting directly on the head string, it is playable (again, that's according to the official general rules of pool)
That is true. However without a head string drawn it’s much easier to judge the whole ball without much arguing, unless you have a referee to make that call. They’ll probably have a referee at the tournament, hence using the bass of the ball.

patscue

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member

Only if it is obvious, and we all can tell, that the shooter is intentionally forcing the cue ball off the table.

slim123

i heard that was a new rule that's not yet in effect if you intentionally follow an opponents ball, or pocket that ball and the cue leaves the table, to continue the game the new rule states it is a loss

a hanging ball im guessing would be in the opponents pocket

a ball in your pocket from the break is a re re rack, however if it goes in the opponents pocket it stays, and play continues without a rerack

slim123

That is true. However without a head string drawn it’s much easier to judge the whole ball without much arguing, unless you have a referee to make that call. They’ll probably have a referee at the tournament, hence using the bass of the ball.
Just looked at the rules at onepocket.org and it says a cue ball scratch is a ball in hand and says nothing about being in the kitchen
i've never seen anyone play that way, always been in the kitchen rule number 6.3

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just looked at the rules at onepocket.org and it says a cue ball scratch is a ball in hand and says nothing about being in the kitchen
i've never seen anyone play that way, always been in the kitchen rule number 6.3
its in the kitchen

Reactions: bbb

slim123

according to one pocket.org rule 6.3 it's anywhere i know i have never seen anyone play it anywhere but the kitchen
it appears the one pocket.org has two sites and that rule is different on both same rule 6.3

Almost have to be an attorney to read the fine print rule 2.4 clarifies that and states all ball in hands( in onepocket) are behind the headstring.

something else i learned, a ball on th break in the shooter pocket is a keeper if he doesnt rack the balls. If he racks his own and pockets a ball it is a re rack

i'm in question what happens when the shooter pockets ab all in the opponents pocket, does that work the same way
For example,: the opponent racks and the other player breaks and makes a ball in the rackers pocket, does the racker keep the ball.

The rules states if the gentleman breaking, didn't rack the balls and pockets a ball in his pocket, he gets to continue and keep that ball

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
according to one pocket.org rule 6.3 it's anywhere i know i have never seen anyone play it anywhere but the kitchen
it appears the one pocket.org has two sites and that rule is different on both same rule 6.3

Almost have to be an attorney to read the fine print rule 2.4 clarifies that and states all ball in hands are behind the headstring.

something else i learned, a ball on th break in the shooter pocket is a keeper if he doesnt rack the balls. If he racks his own and pockets a ball it is a re rack

i'm in question
some places play re-rack regardless of who racks.

slim123

i do have a question, someone mentioned that at the derby this year they are making a rule change, i'm not sure if this is myth or fact, it came from a good source.
I'm told that the intentional foul we normally use to follow the opponents ball to continue play is being changed to a loss of game for the shooter

any info on this

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i've never seen anyone play that way, always been in the kitchen rule number 6.3 Ball in hand in One Pocket is always behind the line, not anywhere on the table. All references to “ball in hand” within these rules are to be understood to mean “ball in hand behind the line”.
rule 2.4 covers that
2.4 Ball in hand: Ball in hand in One Pocket is always behind the line, not anywhere on the table. All references to “ball in hand” within these rules are to be understood to mean “ball in hand behind the line”. When placing the cue ball, the whole cue ball must be placed above the head string line, and to play directly into an object ball, the whole object ball must be below the head string line. The edge of either ball cannot be in contact with the head string line. If either is not in a playable position then the referee or opponent warns the shooter and they must adjust and/or agree on the playable position prior to the shot being taken. If no warning is given then the shot stands. But, if the shooter ignores the warning and shoots then it is a serious foul, with opponent receiving ball in hand. ref: 6.6.2 Serious fouls