Rules-2021 International One-Pocket Tournament

slim123

rule 2.4 covers that
2.4 Ball in hand: Ball in hand in One Pocket is always behind the line, not anywhere on the table. All references to “ball in hand” within these rules are to be understood to mean “ball in hand behind the line”. When placing the cue ball, the whole cue ball must be placed above the head string line, and to play directly into an object ball, the whole object ball must be below the head string line. The edge of either ball cannot be in contact with the head string line. If either is not in a playable position then the referee or opponent warns the shooter and they must adjust and/or agree on the playable position prior to the shot being taken. If no warning is given then the shot stands. But, if the shooter ignores the warning and shoots then it is a serious foul, with opponent receiving ball in hand. ref: 6.6.2 Serious fouls
|Thank you i already found that and posted it lol

Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
|Thank you i already found that and posted it lol
I had recommended when the rules were discussed on onepocket.org to include Ball in hand behind the line everywhere ball in hand was mentioned
But it did not get included

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like all these rules! Especially the canceling out of opposing players fouls. This stops all those safety battles where both players owe many balls. I've seen games where one player owes seven and other player owes six. Now it would be -1 ot 0 in the same game. Much better.

It's about time someone outlawed the shot that clears the pocket by making the ball and flying the cue ball off the table. Now your only option if it's the game winning ball is to follow it in. That takes a little more skill.

tomatoshooter

Now your only option if it's the game winning ball is to follow it in.
Wait, so by pocketing the cue, the ball gets spotted and the opponent doesn't get the score? I haven't noticed that come up in any game I've watched. Other comments are saying that's an instant loss in some rules now. I wasn't sure what they were talking about.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wait, so by pocketing the cue, the ball gets spotted and the opponent doesn't get the score? I haven't noticed that come up in any game I've watched. Other comments are saying that's an instant loss in some rules now. I wasn't sure what they were talking about.
Correct, the ball spots back up and you also lose a ball, so two balls are spotted.