Running This Out?

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

http://postimage.org/

My thoughts upon seeing this;

The solids all have pockets. The 2 ball passes the 8 and I can use that to get on the 1 in the top left. I don't think I'd save these 2 for last so I'm thinking play:

1) 6 in the side, roll to the rail and out.
2) Play the 3 in lower left corner and float out for the 2. Could also stun draw if I get beneath the pocket line.
3) 2 in the lower left.
4) 1 in the upper left.
5) 4 in the side.
*Mid-way thought; Is it better to play the 7 and 5 first? Getting on them from the 4 may not be ideal. But, playing them first may mean you don't get on the 6 in the side properly?
*Do I need to use the 6 to get on the 3? I could just as easily use the 5.

Hmmm....

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
My thoughts upon seeing this;

The solids all have pockets. The 2 ball passes the 8 and I can use that to get on the 1 in the top left. I don't think I'd save these 2 for last so I'm thinking play:

1) 6 in the side, roll to the rail and out.
2) Play the 3 in lower left corner and float out for the 2. Could also stun draw if I get beneath the pocket line.
3) 2 in the lower left.
4) 1 in the upper left.
5) 4 in the side.
*Mid-way thought; Is it better to play the 7 and 5 first? Getting on them from the 4 may not be ideal. But, playing them first may mean you don't get on the 6 in the side properly?

Hmmm....

That side looks like a tricky shot. I would probably try and take the 7 and 5 first, then the 6 in the same pocket as the 5 and 7 leaving me on the 3 as you wrote...

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
The 7 is a bit of trouble ball that can be taken care of immediately and I see no reason to play the 6 in the side here.

I would go 7-5-6 all in the bottom right, then 3 in the bottom left and float over for the 2 in the same pocket, 1 in the upper left and then go 4-8. If I don't get a good angle on the 2 from the 3 then I can use the 4 to get back in line and then go 2-1-8 instead.

dsmith8ball

Registered
I'd take stripes:
1) 14 straight in past the 8, stop English
2) 11 top right corner, draw off rail to center of table
3) 13 in top side pocket, roll up straight on 12
4) 12 in top right corner, draw back for 9
5) 9 in bottom side, stop English
6) 15 in top left corner, left English off bottom rail for shape on 10
7) 10 in top left corner, stop English
8) 8 in bottom left corner

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I would do the following in a New York Minute:

1) Jump the cue ball over the 9 ball using bottom left english to pocket the 15 in the corner and going two rails back out to the side rail by the 12 ball

2) Pocket the 11 ball in the corner pocket drawing off the rail to park whitey by the 9 ball

3) Bank the 14 off the short rail off of the backside of the 13 ball into the side pocket by the 4 ball. Naturally, this would pocket the 13 ball in the corner on the same shot, thus maximizing the efficiency of the shot. I would park the cue ball by the side rail just above the 6 ball

4) Bank the 12 ball off the back side of the 7 ball, twirl back out near the 8 ball with the cue.

5) Bank the 10 ball into the corner by the 8 ball, cue ball to center table

6) Pocket 9 ball to corner pocket opposite 8 ball

7) Shoot the 8 ball into the corner at left

Forgive me if this is all obvious.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4) 1 in the upper left.
5) 4 in the side.

7 and 5 first......once they are gone, 6 goes into lower right corner (or side, or upper right corner)

qfans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Run out

i like the 2 in the corner
1 in top left corner a little draw for proper angle to set up a draw on the 4 in the side
4 in the side w draw hit the 9 if you want
6 in corner by 7 slow follow depend on angle
5 in opposite corner of 6
7 same corner as 6 taking care for stop shot on 3
3 in bottom corner by 8
8 same corner
Shooting angle on 6 in corner will decide whether to slow roll for 5 or if straighter in on 6 simply follow to top rail an shoot 7 before 5.
Just a diifferent take which I see toughest shot is the draw off 4 in the side

Last edited:

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
For solids:

7 draw back for 5
stun follow 5 to shoot 6 in the other corner
3 down the rail
4 in the side with follow to get as straight as possible on the 2
stop shot/slide for 1 in the corner and then the 8.

For stripes (LOL)

Don't shoot stripes.

Drop The Rock

1652nd on AZ Money List
Silver Member
i like the 2 in the corner
1 in top left corner a little draw for proper angle to set up a draw on the 4 in the side
4 in the side w draw hit the 9 if you want
6 in corner by 7 slow follow depend on angle
5 in opposite corner of 6
7 same corner as 6 taking care for stop shot on 3
3 in bottom corner by 8
8 same corner
Shooting angle on 6 in corner will decide whether to slow roll for 5 or if straighter in on 6 simply follow to top rail an shoot 7 before 5.
Just a diifferent take which I see toughest shot is the draw off 4 in the side

I don't think the 1 passes the 8. If you can fire the 2 in and get perfect then good on your sir but that's a tough way to run the balls.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... 1) 6 in the side, roll to the rail and out.
3) 2 in the lower left.
I suggest you set up the balls exactly as shown in the diagram (the 2 ball has half a pocket by the 8) using donuts and try the sequence you have proposed. Start over for any miss. See how many tries it takes you to complete the sequence as planned.

My take on the start: you have position on the 7, and good position on the 7 is hard to get. You should solve that problem first by shooting the 7. Figure out which problem you want to try to solve next. That will determine what sort of position you play from the 7. On a layout as shown, it is very unlikely that you will complete it by your first plan. Make plans that are flexible.

One shot in the sequence to consider, if you are not comfortable with half a pocket for the 2, is to play the 3 in-off the 8. It is a pretty natural angle. Like 7, 5, 6, 3 off the 8, 4, 1-2 or 2-1 and 8.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
5) 9 in bottom side, stop English
6) 15 in top left corner, left English off bottom rail for shape on 10
Where I play, I think it is not possible to shoot the 15 from where the 9 is and hold for the 10 without running into a blocker to stop the cue ball.

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would do the following in a New York Minute:

1) Jump the cue ball over the 9 ball using bottom left english to pocket the 15 in the corner and going two rails back out to the side rail by the 12 ball

2) Pocket the 11 ball in the corner pocket drawing off the rail to park whitey by the 9 ball

3) Bank the 14 off the short rail off of the backside of the 13 ball into the side pocket by the 4 ball. Naturally, this would pocket the 13 ball in the corner on the same shot, thus maximizing the efficiency of the shot. I would park the cue ball by the side rail just above the 6 ball

4) Bank the 12 ball off the back side of the 7 ball, twirl back out near the 8 ball with the cue.

5) Bank the 10 ball into the corner by the 8 ball, cue ball to center table

6) Pocket 9 ball to corner pocket opposite 8 ball

7) Shoot the 8 ball into the corner at left

Forgive me if this is all obvious.

I love you. Greenie for you sir!

qfans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Run out

ha I took ball in hand to start my 1st run, I like Bobs out only way too get in trouble is caroming off the 8 bad but once the 8 is moved you're OUT!!

DJ14.1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 7 is a bit of trouble ball that can be taken care of immediately and I see no reason to play the 6 in the side here.

I would go 7-5-6 all in the bottom right, then 3 in the bottom left and float over for the 2 in the same pocket, 1 in the upper left and then go 4-8. If I don't get a good angle on the 2 from the 3 then I can use the 4 to get back in line and then go 2-1-8 instead.

I also like this line best.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
For solids:

7 draw back for 5
stun follow 5 to shoot 6 in the other corner
3 down the rail
4 in the side with follow to get as straight as possible on the 2
stop shot/slide for 1 in the corner and then the 8.

For stripes (LOL)

Don't shoot stripes.

Yep.......

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
7 bottom right corner
5 upper right corner (leaving angle toward the middle of the table when shooting the 6 into the bottom side, then drift up for the 2 into the lower left past the 8 nudging the 1 as close to the left short rail as you can - pocket the 4 in the upper side with draw and then the 8.

Things usually evolve, strange as it may seem. I am drawn to the idea of knocking balls out of the way to do my work, but the 1 ball is nasty in this rack. So much so, that I would likelly consider banking hte 1 in either of the left corners.

Regards,

Lesh

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
7 bottom right corner
5 upper right corner (leaving angle toward the middle of the table when shooting the 6 into the bottom side, then drift up for the 2 into the lower left past the 8 nudging the 1 as close to the left short rail as you can - pocket the 4 in the upper side with draw and then the 8.

I like it when an opponent forgets a ball before making the 8. Maybe you would notice the 3 during your run. :)