Runout Apps - Scorekeeper 2.0

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I downloaded it just to try the timer app... it's horribly buggy with beeping that goes off almost randomly.

I had to delete the app as it was the only way to stop the beeping. The sound settings don't turn the sound off and there was no way to turn the timer off.

Also, the timer starts off counting up and switches to counting down. Also, add a 60 second option... there are tens of thousands playing blackball which has a 60 second limit.

It's a good idea I guess, but the timer is far from useful.

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I downloaded it just to try the timer app... it's horribly buggy with beeping that goes off almost randomly.

I had to delete the app as it was the only way to stop the beeping. The sound settings don't turn the sound off and there was no way to turn the timer off.

Also, the timer starts off counting up and switches to counting down. Also, add a 60 second option... there are tens of thousands playing blackball which has a 60 second limit.

It's a good idea I guess, but the timer is far from useful.

Not buggy at all, but it does need to be running on the iOS7 for apple though. So if your device is still running on 6 you'll need to do the update for it to run properly.

Ok, here's how it works. Open the timer/shot clock and it counts up as a reference only. Then if you want to put a player on time...touch the screen once and you will see the speaker icon appear indicating the sound (Beep) is on, and as you see..it is now counting down. From here its a one touch shot clock that is very simple to re set. Ok, if you want to change it back to the shot timer (counting up)... Just touch (hold) the screen for a second or two and the shot clock turns off and the speaker icon and sound (beep) disappear, and it then changes back to the shot timer which continues counting up again..for reference only.

There is a time out clock too that counts to 60 sec and can be set with one touch as well. Well be happy to add 60 sec to the shot clock menu on the next update

Last edited:

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The future of pool

We are about to release an update which activates the new Scorekeeper User Portal and will reveal the new "Action Match" feature next week, allowing anyone to type in a name, set any race and then review performance statistics directly from any mobile device.
Anyone can find the app in the apple apps store or on of our website at: http://runoutapps.com/

Demo Video: http://vimeo.com/78388124:grin:

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We are about to release an update which activates the new Scorekeeper User Portal and will reveal the new "Action Match" feature next week, allowing anyone to type in a name, set any race and then review performance statistics directly from any mobile device.
Anyone can find the app in the apple apps store or on of our website at: http://runoutapps.com/

Demo Video: http://vimeo.com/78388124:grin:

Now this is what I was looking for when I purchased the app.looking forward to the update. :thumbup:

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loving the Action Match feature so far, but having a problem. After a match finishes, I can't get back to the menu to start a new match,or go to other options. It just stays on the blank score keeping page, no matter what I push. So far, the only solution I've found is to exit the app completely for a while before opening it again. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of no use until there is an Android app available.

It is now being used by Players, Captains and TAP Licensees across the USA and Canada. It can be used by anyone anywhere with any Apple device running IOS7.

Update 2.1 was just released. It includes the new "Action Match" feature which allows anyone to set any length race in 8 Ball, and then view statistics or just use it for practice.

Dozens of TAP Licensees across the country have already given up pens, paper, printers, ink, gasoline bills and have also reduced administration times 10 fold without the use of droid. We understand the urgency of Droid and are working towards its release this spring.

9 ball and 10 ball will come out in a few weeks, then we travel to Super Billiards Expo and TAP's sold out Rally @ Edison event, then Droid.

Most licensees see the advantage of purchasing a used $150 Apple tablets to save hundreds of dollars a week. They will just sell the tablet back when Droid is released and will have already saved thousands. :thumbup:

For More Info: http://runoutapps.com/

Video: http://vimeo.com/78388124

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loving the Action Match feature so far, but having a problem. After a match finishes, I can't get back to the menu to start a new match,or go to other options. It just stays on the blank score keeping page, no matter what I push. So far, the only solution I've found is to exit the app completely for a while before opening it again. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

No, when you are done with the match, go into the scoreboard to review "statistics" and submit the match. After submission the matches data can be be found in "match history" in the main menu for comparison and review.

Action Match is a great feature as it allows anyone to test and track themselves or their opponents in during or after a match...or just for practice.

DysenteryGaryy

Action matches

After completing an action match, only one shows up in match history? Am I doing something wrong? Or does it only save one match?

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, when you are done with the match, go into the scoreboard to review "statistics" and submit the match. After submission the matches data can be be found in "match history" in the main menu for comparison and review.

Action Match is a great feature as it allows anyone to test and track themselves or their opponents in during or after a match...or just for practice.

Thanks for the help in the pm you sent. Got it all figured out now. Really looking forward to 9 and 10-ball release.

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Android

Runout has just finished a minor server upgrade.

We will finish 9 & 10 Ball this week and hope to do final Live testing of the app next Tuesday.

With any luck, the app will be completed in this upcoming week . Once it is...an update will be pushed out with the typical 3-12 day approval time from Apple. So players still wont see this new update for about a week or two.

Starting late next week, we return all of our efforts and focus on Android, and will work non stop until its finished.

Our Droid test group has been selected and should have a copy before May 10. If all testing goes smoothly, the app will be done by 6-21-2014 and hopefully well before.

TAP & Runout will officially announce the Scorekeeper on Android upon its release sometime In May or June. :)

Attachments

• droid.jpg
    droid.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scorekeeper on Droid.

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 254
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 253
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 245

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Can I offer some advice? I hope you'll take constructively and not just criticism.

If you make a new useful app and want to advertise it on AZ:

- State exactly what it does, including any extra features, in the very first post.
Don't assume anyone knows what it does just because it's version 2.0, I never saw 1.0.
Don't stretch out the list of features over 10 posts, leaving out the important info for last,
and letting your info get interrupted by random comments and someone else's advertisement.

- More screenshots of the app itself and (again in the first post) and not screenshots of people playing.
I'm not gonna download it because I can see someone used it at TAP nationals in Chicago.
I don't care about that stuff. I'm gonna download it based on whether it does something I need.

- Most people hate having to watch a video to learn about something that could easily
be conveyed with text and still pictures. I can't click that vimeo video at work.
Or if I'm trying not to wake someone up with the audio.

- It sounds like most of the non-timer functions are TAP-specific. If so,
you should mention that right off the bat so I don't get confusing thinking this thing
will be a scoring app for me and my buddy playing straight pool.

tl;dr: in the first first post, list everything your app does, with relevant screenshots.

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can I offer some advice? I hope you'll take constructively and not just criticism.

If you make a new useful app and want to advertise it on AZ:

- State exactly what it does, including any extra features, in the very first post.
Don't assume anyone knows what it does just because it's version 2.0, I never saw 1.0.
Don't stretch out the list of features over 10 posts, leaving out the important info for last,
and letting your info get interrupted by random comments and someone else's advertisement.

- More screenshots of the app itself and (again in the first post) and not screenshots of people playing.
I'm not gonna download it because I can see someone used it at TAP nationals in Chicago.
I don't care about that stuff. I'm gonna download it based on whether it does something I need.

- Most people hate having to watch a video to learn about something that could easily
be conveyed with text and still pictures. I can't click that vimeo video at work.
Or if I'm trying not to wake someone up with the audio.

- It sounds like most of the non-timer functions are TAP-specific. If so,
you should mention that right off the bat so I don't get confusing thinking this thing
will be a scoring app for me and my buddy playing straight pool.

tl;dr: in the first first post, list everything your app does, with relevant screenshots.

The app is developing so it is constantly being improved, and is continually evolving. Stating all the specs on the first post isn't possible. 1.0 was released in 2012. 2.0 in 2013.

TAP & Runout Apps are working on incorporating technology and pool. EZ scoring for players, Reducing Captain workloads and taking TAP licensee into the 21st century by going paperless, saving time and money in the process.

The timer that is incorporated into the scoreboard is for match play in TAP...

But the timer can also be found on a stand alone page in the menu, and can be used by players from any league. It can be set from :20 - :55 seconds and is a one touch app built specifically for pool.

It has 8-9-10 ball and generates a stat page for any player for review of their performance. So No you and your buddy cant use it for straight pool...at least not yet.

Last edited:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Ah, thanks for taking the time to read my little rant. I apologize, I didn't even realize
that your original post was back in 2013, I thought the thread was started yesterday.

Well anyway good work, I like the idea. I hope you can expand the app to cover
other games and non-TAP matches. Like a general tournament tool
that can be used to keep track of races, whose turn it is to break,
any handicaps, etc. Something like that I'll gladly buy!

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, thanks for taking the time to read my little rant. I apologize, I didn't even realize
that your original post was back in 2013, I thought the thread was started yesterday.

Well anyway good work, I like the idea. I hope you can expand the app to cover
other games and non-TAP matches. Like a general tournament tool
that can be used to keep track of races, whose turn it is to break,
any handicaps, etc. Something like that I'll gladly buy!

No worries, it's nice to see players recognize technology and its place in pool. Thank You!

We developed the Scorekeeper App on apple devices over the last 3 years. It is now complete and can be found in the apple app store. We are now finishing the droid version which will be in Google's Play in June.

The App is now integrated directly into TAPs "Pool-net" handicapping system. When you or any tournament / league directors submit a match, the player data is uploaded to their profile and continually generates a 1.00 - 9.99 handicap for them.

There are many "bells and whistle" to come soon. Next, is the release of live cloud sharing which connects multiple scoring devices and can report to websites, social media, etc in real time.

We have taken our time on development, which has allowed us to design and build some amazing complimentary features which are similar to what you suggest.

With a little luck, pool players will be seeing some really innovative product's in the near future...stay tuned.

Last edited:

RunOut Apps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update 2.2 (9 BALL / 10 BALL) was pushed out weds, and is in the app store now

Here is the first look at Android !! We've started final testing.

Attachments

• droid.jpg
    droid.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 180
Last edited: